Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

i went to my local car shop this weekend, and i was looking at different options for subs... the had boston acoustic, and other popular brands, now i noticed one of their expensive brands was treo...

im not that familliar with them.. the guy in the shop told me their high end and this guy came in he had one 12 with three amps and the works and wow did it sound amazing ive never heard a system that loud... but either way what do you guys think about the treo series? is it worth the big bucks? depends on teh series but a 12 woofer the second grade style is about 350-400 dollars the guy that came in had the best one but he's layd down about 3-4 grand so thats out of the question..

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
thats a little retarded to be dropping on a sub. jsut do waht i'm planning and get the jl audio stealth box for 650 bucks. has a box (fits hatch perfect on drivers side) and runs a jl audio (duh,lol) w3v3 (i think) 10"dual voice coil sub. thats able too be pushed at 500 watts rms and up to 1,000 peak. that should hit plenty hard for a hatchback car.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
1 of my alpine type r's would be enough for me and their pretty cheap considering...they are 1500 watts and 500rms

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a little retarded to be dropping on a sub. jsut do waht i'm planning and get the jl audio stealth box for 650 bucks. has a box (fits hatch perfect on drivers side) and runs a jl audio (duh,lol) w3v3 (i think) 10"dual voice coil sub. thats able too be pushed at 500 watts rms and up to 1,000 peak. that should hit plenty hard for a hatchback car.
well not its not for my foci.. actually im looking to upgrade my d.d. its a galant...

and its not just the sub he dropped it in too, its actually the whole car was dynamat.. and well he did it right since he got a bass analysis... either way i was just wondering about the treo series.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more of the mellow side... i hate the too much rattle but i love deep bass.. lol

·
Banned
263 Posts
treo is a very well made sub. they use elevation audio motors with treo designed baskets and cones. if you really want a high end sub sound for less money look into robot underground on ebay and mmats on woofersetc.com

·
Registered
98 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you dont mind me asking, where do you get that information from?

The baskets are a standard basket that tons of companies use, the cones look like a standard cone, and the motors dont appear to have anything in common with Elevation audio.

Did you hear that from Robot Underground?

·
Registered
98 Posts
to the OP.

Treo is a very respectable midwest speaker company.

Not all products are US assembled. But they have been around for years.

Their products are more known for SPL and getting loud.

·
Registered
66 Posts
treo is almost all known for sq? not an spl sub at all the only spl sub is the cxt... ui have a ssx 18 tuned at 42 hertz and its so nice and it hits so low and so hard....dynomatted my car and its plenty i can do a 147.3

not a clean install at all yet soon she will b tho

·
Registered
98 Posts
http://www.treoonline.com/accolades.html

Looking at their website, I dont really see any mention of SQ setups, they appear to be all SPL stuff. That is why I said that.

When I was at CES 2 years ago. All of their demo vehicles had enclosure tuned higher than 40hz.

I dont really consider it an SQ setup until you are running a sealed box, or vented tuned below 32hz.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u guys lost me lol

·
Banned
263 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you dont mind me asking, where do you get that information from?

The baskets are a standard basket that tons of companies use, the cones look like a standard cone, and the motors dont appear to have anything in common with Elevation audio.

Did you hear that from Robot Underground?

elevation audio holds the patent for the motor design of alot of speakers. treo uses a slightly modified version of their original design. i get this information from just being inside the audio game for a long time. it is very unspoken and even more unwritten, however there is very few different motor structure designs that are all used and mildly modified by different companies

·
Registered
98 Posts
I myself have been working in the industry as well. I actually work for a speaker manufacturer. That is why I ask.

Do you know what is patented about Elevation audio's motors? Doing a patent search, I have found nothing under their name.

To my knowledge, Elevation Audio are speakers made in Asia. Treo purchases most if not all parts from Asia and is doing some, but not all assembly in house.

Maybe there is a connection, but I have never heard/ seen it. I can show you two or three asian companies building multi basket speakers like Elevation audio.

I used to know a Tom who worked for Treo, but hes long gone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to be in the car audio scene but I never used Treo woofers, always wanted to though. I used to have 4 Kove 18's in my SPL van, I was told that the Kove's were very similar to the Treo's but I'm not sure.

In my daily driver I had 2 Image Dynamics ID MAX's, they sounded pretty good.

Sorry to deviate, but to the OP, you could have a Treo and a decent amp and have a setup that isn't earth shattering.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Treo use to be not so high dollar when they first hit the scene....I think you should check out www.ficaraudio.com, the founder of that company first started RE Audio, and everyone knows those subs use to rock ass! The FI subs are really good quality and have a great price. I know those are what im going with in my Sonoma.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Yep, Treo makes a great driver. I had 3 of the TSX 12's in my extended S10 a few years ago... sounded grrrrreat. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts