Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
If it was mine (it kind of is, mine looks the same), I would push it out some from underneath but beyond that either bodywork or replacement is your only real option.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it was mine (it kind of is, mine looks the same), I would push it out some from underneath but beyond that either bodywork or replacement is your only real option.
Crapola! Replacement would require whole body paint job, etc?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welllll, let me put it this way. Mine is in pretty lousy shape (had a dent just like yours only right at the front lip) because it was repainted badly before I got the car. So what I've done thus far is bent it back a bit with a pair of pliers and touched up the worst of the scratches with Ford touchup paint, and then waxed the hell out of the touchup with "black wax". This is just so I don't mind looking at it while I look for a replacement. I've seen them on Craigslist and Ebay in my color for as little as a hundred bucks. Just haven't had the money and the time simultaneously. Another option is to look for an aftermarket hood, either stock-style carbon fiber, or a Cervini or comparable hood with scoops, etc. Carbon fiber is loads lighter and can either be painted to match or left as is for the racecar look.

Otherwise, you could source any old junkyard hood in good condition and have it painted to match by a shop. This isn't as scary as it seems, a reasonable shop wouldn't charge more than $200 to paint the hood and it should look great (or at least new!).

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah, I'd love to do that but all my money is going to performance parts first. Someday I'll get Maaco to do it. It's tough having a black car that wasn't taken care of by the previous owner....so many scratches and they all show!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts