Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my atx died and i need i trany....so i decided on a manual cause lentech is just a overpriced atx. anyway i did the searches and im still confused.
the getrag has closer ratios then then mtx but the mtx has lower first gear? will the 4.06 make the mtx first gear as low as the getrags and can you get the 4.06 in the getrag? if i do a swap will i need i different ecu, cause im a 2000 atx(im already have a preditor)? i need help from whoever knows the gear ratios and also from you guys that have done the atx to manual swap. i am doin this swap for sure this comming week and i will need help geeting picts and stuff up!
thanks in advance

·
Registered
535 Posts
have you already assembled the nessesary parts? This is 50% of the battle.

Getrag stuff attracts a premium, I'd stick with the MTX75 (cheap) with parts galore.

You keep the ecu, just flash it for the manual tranny.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
the 4.06 will raise your rpms at highway speeds....decreasing your gas mileage. I dont know how much highway driving you do, just thought Id let you in on that. 1st gear in the MTX is alreayd pretty torquey to get you off the line. Ask some of the people in the SVT section about the adding a 4.06 gear in that tranny, and it would help with the 6th gear at highway speeds.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im in the process of gathering the parts now...i work for a dealership so ir shouldnt be that hard. also im not worried about fuel milage i just want the lowers gears i can get.
anyone know what the ratios are for the getrag and for the mtx?

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
New tranny.

Check out Terry Haines on FocalJet (Kogboxking) for a complete MTX75 transmission. You cannot add the 4.06 to the Getrag transmission. I just completed installing a Torsen and 4.06 gear and let me tell you it is sweet!!! What a difference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
what would the stock final drive ratio be?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok now im a little confused! i was at the quaife page and i see a bunch of trannys for the focus, im assuming that some are for the 2.3 block? also thier is a MTX 75 DOG ENGAGEMENT and a MTX75 5-SPEED SYNCHRO GEARKIT. the dog has closer ratios then the synchro so correct me if im wrong...the dog would be better for the strip!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seriously.

The stock final drive ratio is 3.82.

You should really check out Terry Haines. You can get a complete transmission for about $2000 with a diff and new drive gear. He does a complete transmission for the MTX75. His prices are reasonable for work performed and his skill is second to none!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found a tranny, now i need to find the rest.....but first i need to know if it all will bolt up with existing mounts and holes, including the clutch, pedals, shifter. Are thier mounts and brakets that i will need for the pedals and shifter, or will it just bolt in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts