Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Transport mode just came on while I was working on my brakes. I had the ignition turned ahead to listen to some tunes, and I placed a couple calls using sync to. Then transport mode came on. I figured it had something to do with saving battery life. Oh well. I'll turn it back off I guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Ford Escape.

I was cleaning the interior of my car tonight. After cleaning, I was turning off my interior light as it was dark outside. I was having issues turning off the interior light. Then I got a message that the car didn't detect my key fob. I even got my spare fob. Things were acting weird. Then got a message stating vehicle transport mode active. I then researched online and learned how to turn it off by pressing brake five times then pressing hazards four times. I did that and the vehicle transport mode active message went away. However, I couldn’t start my car. I searched online and then tried putting my fob in the slot in my center console. It still wouldn’t start. Now my car makes weird electrical noises, doesn’t start, doesn’t recognize the key fob. I had to use the little spare key in the back of my fob to lock the door.

Did I pop a fuse? What the heck?

·
Registered
414 Posts
2014 Ford Escape.

I was cleaning the interior of my car tonight. After cleaning, I was turning off my interior light as it was dark outside. I was having issues turning off the interior light. Then I got a message that the car didn't detect my key fob. I even got my spare fob. Things were acting weird. Then got a message stating vehicle transport mode active. I then researched online and learned how to turn it off by pressing brake five times then pressing hazards four times. I did that and the vehicle transport mode active message went away. However, I couldn’t start my car. I searched online and then tried putting my fob in the slot in my center console. It still wouldn’t start. Now my car makes weird electrical noises, doesn’t start, doesn’t recognize the key fob. I had to use the little spare key in the back of my fob to lock the door.

Did I pop a fuse? What the heck?
How old is your battery? The cars do weird things when the battery is almost dead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I am not sure how old the battery is. I have had the car for 2.5 years. I jumped start the battery and the car started. I guess I drained the battery last night... I haven't drained the battery on a vehicle before. It happened quite quick. Strange. Thanks for the reply to my inquiry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
During vehicle build, some modules (such as the IPC and the BCM) are set to factory mode. When the vehicle build is complete, the vehicle is set to transport mode.

Transport mode is used to reduce the drain on the battery during longer periods when the vehicle is not used. Various system functions can be altered or disabled when in the transport mode. While in transport mode, the IPC displays TRANSPORT MODE in the message center. Transport mode can be disabled and placed into normal operation mode.

Disabling Transport Mode

1.Place the ignition OFF.

2.Verify the battery is fully charged.

3.Place the ignition ON.

4.NOTE: Steps 4 and 5 must be carried out within 10 seconds.

Press and release the brake pedal 5 times.

5.Press and release the hazard switch 4 times (on, off, on, off).

How long have you had your car? The dealer will normally disable transport mode when prepping the vehicle.
Needless to say, it's not normal for transport mode to be enabled once it has been disabled.
Wait wait wait do you do step 4 and 5 at the same time or... not hmmmmmmmmmmmm

21 - 26 of 26 Posts