Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello every one, i have owned 2009 ford focus 2.0 dci for 2 weeks and drove it twice due to fault shuting me down take the key out and fault clears and lets you drive but not good been back to dealer twice now and on second visit ford main dealer could not find fault as was not stored car returns tommorow but no faith in it as i know its going to happen again any one any adeas please milage 67,00 miles cheers mark[bawling] first light says transmition malfinction and second light says transmition failure both clear and let you drive on but not good when it stops in trafic

·
Registered
360 Posts
How close are you to the end of the factory warranty? The dealer may be trying to blow you off so that you go out of warranty if your really close.

Take a video with your cell phone to prove to the dealer it's happening and demand that they put a data recorder in your car. You drive your car around until it fails again the data recorder will record the few minutes before the failure. Then the dealer can read this and see what is going on.

Most times this type of failure is due to electrical, maybe a wire is pinched and grounding out, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
transmition

[welcome] thankyou for your reply, i bought the car from a dealer just 2 weeks ago, and have drove it twice, it is 2009 i have 12 months warranty, so they took it to main ford dealer and they say nothing is wrong, mecanicly,. with being disabled it is very alarming as i have to rely on other motorists to help me when it cuts out my wife had same suggestion, can you buy these data recorders or do they only come from main dealer, just before it cuts out i hear a rattling inside the gear box, the dealer must know this problem as he has drove the car more than i have, but with not loging fault he is blaging me off

·
Registered
17,433 Posts
If you have a late model laptop you can simply buy scanner unit and software to do it, there are even standalone scanners that do it.

They're screwing you off to get past the warranty, the norm there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts