Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently finished swapping my 2011 se from automatic to manual. I am having some trouble with both the reverse lights and the speed sensor, and I’m not sure how to diagnose them. The speedometer doesn’t move at all. The car runs and drives no problem for about 5-10 minutes, but then the lack of speed sensor input throws a code and I go into limp mode. As for the reverse lights, they turn on and stay on with accessory power. I’m sure I just screwed up the hack job wiring I did, but I have no idea how to go about finding the fault. What should I be looking at first? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am getting 12 volts through the signal wire and the power wire on the speed sensor pigtail, the ground is fine. I compared the Ecu plugs from a manual focus to the auto and the manual has the speed sensor terminating in pin 2, while the auto is terminating in pin 4. (Manual plug is on the right in the picture, both wires are green and brown) Should I be moving the pin over in the plug? I think it can be done rather easily. I’m not sure why the sensor return is reading 12 volts. There doesn’t appear to be any damage to the harness from what I have seen, I’m guessing it’s a result of the pin out being different. Anyone out there that has any ideas?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts