Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Focus, slips from second to third gear. Overdrive light flashes and check engine light on. Autozone ran the code and it is p0772 - Transmission shift solenoid E. I found the thread to replace it, but I am having no luck finding the part. How do I tell what transmission I have or if anyone has the part number that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!!

And by the way, the Focus has 92,000 miles on it and I called Ford about the Powertrain Warranty and they told me 5 years from the manufacturing date which was in March of this year :( I guess I am on my own!!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The parts are really easy to change, but a little harder to find. I had to get mine at a dealership, but I'm pretty sure you can get one on Amazon still if you can wait for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I replaced Shift Solenoid E and cleaned the pan out, filled it back up with tranny fluid, and test drove. I am still getting the same problem, slips when going from 2nd to 3rd. I gave it some gas when it finally went into third and it tried downshifting into 2nd but there was a vibration from the transmission and it wouldn't do anything until I let up on gas. Anyone have any ideas or is my transmission shot??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts