Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK new to the forum and thanks guys for any feedback.
But I have this exact issue i found on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fc_K9zNzeA

I took it to the dealership and they changed the spark plugs and airfilter hooked it up to the computer to see what error codes ( none showed ) and gave me a bill for it being repaired. Yet I have the issue 2 days later and now worse ( exactly like the video )

So first what is causeing this and how do I actually fix it

cheers
James

·
Registered
28 Posts
i had the same problem with my zx3 2000 btw its the valvebody in the tranny you probably have a clogged solenoid its not getting enough fluid pressure in the solenoid thats why its slipping i just saved money up and got the lentech valve body with all new soloniods but i tuned my car before i did that and just raised the pressure going in to 3rd gear because thats the gear it slipped for me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, So for this Is it a matter of actually cleaning the or am i going to have to replace the valvebody?

Also what is that generally cost?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
OK new to the forum and thanks guys for any feedback.
But I have this exact issue i found on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fc_K9zNzeA

I took it to the dealership and they changed the spark plugs and airfilter hooked it up to the computer to see what error codes ( none showed ) and gave me a bill for it being repaired. Yet I have the issue 2 days later and now worse ( exactly like the video )

So first what is causeing this and how do I actually fix it

cheers
James
Hello James,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure it is frustrating to have repeated issues after your dealer visit. Please contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 800.565.3673 so they can help.

~Natasha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ford Cust service

Hey i try to call that number and it keeps disconnecting me.

I am going to bring the car to the dealership and have them see why its worse off then when i brought it in.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey i try to call that number and it keeps disconnecting me.

I am going to bring the car to the dealership and have them see why its worse off then when i brought it in.
Hmm, I'm not sure why it disconnected you. Sorry about that! Please keep me updated on your dealer's diagnosis.

Thanks!

~Natasha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Natasha,

So I brought the car back in and they are verifying the issue has not worsened by what they did at my last visit.

My understanding is there is a 100KM powertrain and i should be covered for this issue on my car as i am at 91k

But i feel like i spent 500+$ for nothing on my last visit.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So I brought the car back in and they are verifying the issue has not worsened by what they did at my last visit.

My understanding is there is a 100KM powertrain and i should be covered for this issue on my car as i am at 91k

But i feel like i spent 500+$ for nothing on my last visit.
I'm pleased to hear you may still be under warranty. Try adding a 1 (1-800-565-3673) to see if that helps you reach Ford of Canada. If not, PM me the details, along with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/location and I'll see how I can help. Thanks for your patience!

~Natasha

·
Registered
28 Posts
just to replace one valve body is going to cost oyu around 80-100 dollars i got the lentech for 400 but i live so far from canada so it cost me 600 all together

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
@ Natasha

I sent you a PM ... no reply
I see your PM from last night in my inbox. I have a few others I'm working on that were received prior to yours, and will respond as soon as possible. Thanks!

~Natasha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts