Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so my 3rd gear is going on my focus, Eventually i want to turbo the car and what not is there any place that you guys know of that will rebuild the tranny with better gears to handle the increased torque? or what have you all done? Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
Any old transmission shop in your area should be able to do the build as long as you can get the parts for it. If you rebuild it with stock parts you should be good to go if they are new. How many miles do you have on it?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy before me must have used the N20 and power shifted and messed up third gear syncros. But i was wondering if i have to get it rebuilt if i could get it built built for the future when i want to turbo it and what not.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
the transmission gears are actually really strong on these. the only thing is the synchros... and of course you need to upgrade the clutch and flywheel.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, thats the plan when it all eventually goes. I wasnt sure how the mtx75 trans would hold up with boost.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
the gears are fine... no need to spend thousands getting custom gears made... just upgrade clutch flywheel and get new synchros and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright sounds good. Just wasn't sure.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Anyone know what the MTX75 is capable of handling? In wheel HP?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Be glad you have the MTX-75. The transmission in the Fusion (same engine as the Focus) is an older design that I swear is made out of glass.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
500hp, wow thats respectable. and automatic transmissions aren't built like manual ones are

1 - 13 of 13 Posts