Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My svtf is about two weeks old now, I've put about 600 miles on it to date. On occasion, it doesn't seem like it wants to come out of 5th gear as easily as it should.

It's not something that just started, I noticed it from day 1, but it also doesn't happen all the time. I haven't figured out if it is just happening at random, or if there is something specific I am doing to make it like that. You have to gently *pull* on the shifter, and you can feel it kinda pop out of 5th.

It hasn't done it when I'm just going thru the gears and going into 6th, it seems as if it's only when I've been riding in 5th for a while, and maybe braking and/or turning at the same time, like rolling up to a red light.

It could be normal I guess, side effect of having a 6speed tranny with 2 output shafts maybe.

The date sticker says it was built in 05/03.

Jason

·
Registered
842 Posts
no problem with the transmission or shifter. My 03' svt was the same way with the stock shifter. It like snapped into the gears like lego's. And popped out of them especially 5th. I think its because in 5th it pulls the cable that the shifter is attached to with the most resistence. I have a short shifter now and it doesn't seem to have that effect as much, its easier shifting. Except reverse feels like its gonna break or something when you put it over and up. I dunno why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.