Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any other transmissions that can mate up to the 2000 year model zx3 focus? i know the mtx but i would really like a 6 speed close ratio. would the svt tranny mate with the zetec engine? im not looking to do any extensive fabrication work so the rwd conversion is out guys, sorry. i dont make THAT kind of money. if there arent any 6 speeds that work then what is the difference between the stock zx3 tranny and the mtx-75?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
but its not a direct bolt up. you need a new flywheel and also the shifter cables and other parts. not cheap.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
There is a guy that did this search for it I know its on here I just remember where. I asked the same question. Actually that is why i joined this forum.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
its under the transmission section. there have been more than one person that have successfully done it.

Reactions: focusmaniaczx3

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any way so there are no 6 speed transmissions out there that can just directly bolt up to the zetec and the mtx-75 is the stock transmission correct?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
correct. you have to do an SVT getrag swap.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you very much sir rep where it is due

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
The SVT 6speed is not a great choice as if it breaks, you are looking at a very big bill to replace the whole tranny if you can find one. No one makes parts for it.

The MTX is a very good tranny, and parts are readily available.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
but its not a direct bolt up. you need a new flywheel and also the shifter cables and other parts. not cheap.

It IS a direct bolt up. Yes you need a new flywheel. That doesn't change the fact that the tranny will bolt right up. It could be done cheap, depends on what you pay for parts.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i took bolt up to mean just pull the tranny off and put it back on. there is more to it. i mean, ur cables, shifter, flywheel all need to be swapped. its not like putting on an aftermarket wheel.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Not to mention you have to get the shifter its not cheap per say it like 2-3k atleast that's what it looked like it would cost when I researched this. Decided against between money and practicality. Also the mtx-75 is better in a straight line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts