Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have a 2012 Focus SE and I was wondering if anyone else has been having any sort of trouble with this automatic transmission.

Oftentimes, if I'm driving uphill at a low speed and low rpm, the transmission will begin to rattle and jitter quite noticeably. It sounds like it's having trouble shifting.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I was wondering if there is any maintenance, other than fluid levels, that needs to be done on this transmission?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Oh man if your name was just one letter different.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Hey guys, so I have a 2012 Focus SE and I was wondering if anyone else has been having any sort of trouble with this automatic transmission.

Oftentimes, if I'm driving uphill at a low speed and low rpm, the transmission will begin to rattle and jitter quite noticeably. It sounds like it's having trouble shifting.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I was wondering if there is any maintenance, other than fluid levels, that needs to be done on this transmission?
Give it more throttle. It's shuddering because the speed is too low and the clutches have to slip a bit to not stall the engine. Treat it like a manual transmission.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the link! I'll check it out
I find that unless the hill is really steep if you are just firm on the throttle (ie. give it more gas than you think) like you would be on a manual car starting from a stop on a hill the car behaves a lot better without having to use the overdrive / hill assist. However if you are unable to maintain the gas up the hill switching to overdrive / hill assist keeps the car in what seems to be 2nd gear and it really helps it to get going up to speed if you let off the throttle after the initial start. Basically drive it like a manual car and the DCT will treat you well. So far I really like the transmission, and after about 1000 miles it has been buttery smooth and rarely makes any noises

1 - 7 of 7 Posts