Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday morning i was on my way to school, and i noticed my rpms were extremely high for being in 6th gear, further fiddling with it led to me understanding, i was actually in 4th gear, but in the 6th gear position, the went for 5th gear, in the 5th gear position but actually in 3rd gear. so i had reverse and 1st-4th gears, and i could move the shifter to different locations while in any of the gears, now when i got home and was looking at it, i accidentally did something and now, i have reverse 1st and second, and revers is locked in 3rd gear position 1st is in 5th and 2nd is in 6th.. not good. i cant go to school, hah.

is this only in the shifter? or is the problem deeper than im thinking??

pulease give me some input ASAP, im about to go ahead and order a CFM short throw shifter, but if thats not the problem, help a bro out

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Your linkage may have come undone at the trans. Look at the "HOW TO" threads that talk about installing shifters that show you the parts involved.
Dan

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
odds are it just needes to be adjusted. being that you still have any gears i would say either it popped off or something else. there is a fix for the problem you are having on here somewhere.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts