Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends.

Lately I've been having some transmission problems with my SVT. One night as I was driving all of a sudden I couldnt shift into 5th and 6th anymore. When I put the stick where 5th would be it moves over to where 3rd is and when i put it where 6th should be it moves from the bottom right corner to the bottom center where 4th is. The gear selector stick feels like it's loose or something. The car was like this when I bought it about a year ago, it was fixed and it's back again. What could be causing this problem and how can it be fixed???

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What did they do to fix it last time? Is that repair still under any warranty?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You're cable connections are out if you're missing 5th and 6th. You can search other threads for adjusting the cables, but start by checking the connections at the bottom of the shifter and at the tranny. I've read numerous threads where the connectors are the problem...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Loose shifter is the tell tale...as they said, cable adjustment is in order. When it gets really loose, bad times...mine disconnected on me when I was going into reverse to turn around due to the road blocked by an accident. Had to fix mine using cell phone as a light, feeling around...of course, wearing a Falcons jersey that I swore would never see dirt. I was bitter. I got it though by feeling around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts