Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving into work today and my automatic transmission started disengaging at 50MPH.

A week or so ago I had it do this once, and then it started running just fine again. I figured it was a fluke. I drove back and forth from South Carolina over the weekend and it was tip top. 10 1/2 hours both way without the slightest issue.

The one factor that was the same both times is that it was raining.

Today it threw a code, but I can't check it because I just got to work.

Any Ideas?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional info:

I was able to turn off overdrive and the tranmission stayed engaged.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of looks, no ideas?

Is my overdrive shot?

Shift solenoid?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone experience anything like this at all?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have you tried getting the ATX fluid flushed/changed? I've seen other car's trannys get stuck in certain gears when they get dirty.

·
Registered
116 Posts
if i have code p0750 u prob need shift solenoid a sounds like about what was happening to me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is your transmission fluid RED? and it is not at low mark on the dipstick?, check all that. I have to buy a new transmission because for some reason my tranny gets water inside and the fluid gets pink, I thought pink was normal but not. check it asap.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i have code p0750 u prob need shift solenoid a sounds like about what was happening to me.
You win the prize. Took it home and got it on the scanner. Shift Solenoid A. I'm going to change both A and B to make sure, since I'll be in there anyway and knock out a tranny flush at the same time.

I'll update with results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts