Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the thing is my clutch went out so i am trying to drop the transmission but i am stuck with these two cables behind the transmission which i believe its for shifting the gears, but idk how to undo them, so if any of yall knw what im talking about plz help me out [?|]

·
Registered
165 Posts
remove the cables from the support brackets by twisting the spring loaded knurled collars clockwise-IB5 Transmission. Counterclockwise-MTX-75-MT285

Release the colored clips that hold the adjusters and you are done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are they supposed to come apart, cause i tried twisting one of them and it didnt do anything, and it broke one of the colored clips, but there is also like a colored button dnt knw what that is all about......................................now after i do twist them do i pull apart or just take the clipse out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stuck need some help plz

[?|]the thing is my clutch went out so i am trying to drop the transmission but i am stuck with these two cables behind the transmission which i believe its for shifting the gears,which u can twist but they are also spring loaded, i tried twisting them and nothing really happened so idk how to undo them, so if any of yall knw what im talking about plz help me out,[?|]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
help with dropping transmission

the thing is my clutch went out so i am trying to drop the transmission but i am stuck with these two cables behind the transmission which i believe its for shifting the gears,which u can twist but they are also spring loaded, i tried twisting them and nothing really happened so idk how to undo them, so if any of yall knw what im talking about plz help me out

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
probably get more responses posting this somewhere else. i'm sure some of the guys on here can help you (lord knows i can't, lol) but may get a quicker and more responses elsewhere.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
From what i remember, the plastic pieces (on the cable) that are on either side of the metal bracket should twist a part (not apart as in fall of the cable, just make a big enough gap to slip it off the metal bracket), then you should be able to slide it off and pop the end of the link.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
moving you to technical chat...

·
Registered
210 Posts
if its anything like honda you have to pry these little clips off holding the cables to the tranny housing, they can be a pita, then the cables will come right off

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
4 threads on the same thing is a little excessive. I merged them and I don't feel like cleaning anything up.

My advice is to go out and buy a Haynes or Chilton's manual. Sounds like your tackling a job too big for yourself already so pictures may help as will the step by steps.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070814172250/www.teamfocus.us/removezetec.htm

Left click and mouse down to highlight. Yes I know it's engine removal, but some of the process is the same.

The shift cable clips just push all the way in, it should stay in the open position and the end towards the passenger side should pull out. Being you broke one already go to ford and get a new one, they are pretty inexpensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts