Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i havent posted on here for a great while since nothing really has been new with my foci. it was keyed by an ex on the hood and other than that my car has been good to me. till now... i decided to come to the dealership and have my transmission serviced since i would be going on a road trip soon. there is 60K now on the car and yeah... the dealership doesnt want to do the service on the tranny since the "transmission guy" says, that the oil is burnt!? i mean come on... how is that possible? I always baby my car and when i bring it in for service everything is in top notch according to the dealerhship. luckly my service adviser said that it will be covered under warranty if there is anything major. all i would have to pay for is my 100$ deductible. any advice guys? any guys with an 05 foci that had any tranny problems before and after a transmission service at 60k? guess ill have to rent a car now since my foci is staying overnight at the dealership [sleeping]

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
I just had the same situation happen to me onm my 08 with under 10k miles on it. The trans. fluid was burnt and had metal flakes in it. Turns out almost the entire transmission was burnt up. Fortunately my car is still under warranty because they had to replace almost every part in the transmission. And after all was said and done they blamed it on my intake... Yeah ford was full of fail in that case.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
ummm any symptoms of this?... doesnt sound too fun, what would cause it to burn, lack of oil?

type of tranny: Atx or Mtx?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I just had the same situation happen to me onm my 08 with under 10k miles on it. The trans. fluid was burnt and had metal flakes in it. Turns out almost the entire transmission was burnt up. Fortunately my car is still under warranty because they had to replace almost every part in the transmission. And after all was said and done they blamed it on my intake... Yeah ford was full of fail in that case.
your intake?! how is that even possible...enlighten me!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have an auto tranny. and car doesnt have or had any symptoms of the tranny going out?... the advisor did say that the car would act badly if they did the change without checking the tranny first since the flakes/shavings would then be gone and new oil would make it shift weird. i also have an intake on my car FocusSport one ;-)

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Well i doubt the intake did anything... but they said that the increased airflow caused the pcm to tell the engine to overwork the transmission causing it to over heat... or some bs like that.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dealer don't say anything about the intake but did say that gears 3 and 4 were about to give our soon. So it worked out great cuz it is bring repaired and ford is paying for a rental and I can still go on my trip in a mazda 6 08 model heh, it's comfy and rides smooth! Total cost to repair my tranny is $1100. I just have to pay my $100 deductible.

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Nice... Glad to hear that they are gonna help you out rather than bs you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts