Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I've browsed stories about the transmission problems over the years here. I had the shudder really bad at times, and only once did the service center reprogram it as part of the bulletin. In the last month, I experienced the issue with being in gear and just suddenly not being able to accelerate properly (stalling and then lunging forward in my case).

My question to all of you is "Has anyone ever taken this car for transmission service and NOT had it mess up again?". I have 2 more years of paying for this car (got it used), and it's becoming very stressful, ESPECIALLY with failure to accelerate properly.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello All,
I've browsed stories about the transmission problems over the years here. I had the shudder really bad at times, and only once did the service center reprogram it as part of the bulletin...
Welcome to the community, kmarq4ever! [welcome]

My name is Tricia, and I’m one of the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representatives on this forum. I recommend taking your vehicle to your local Ford Dealer to get diagnosed. With the diagnosis, your dealer can look up any TSBs, recalls, or customer satisfaction programs that may apply to your vehicle. Also, be sure to speak with the service manager, as he is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Lastly, any repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online, here.

Have a great day!

Tricia

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hello All,
I've browsed stories about the transmission problems over the years here. I had the shudder really bad at times, and only once did the service center reprogram it as part of the bulletin. In the last month, I experienced the issue with being in gear and just suddenly not being able to accelerate properly (stalling and then lunging forward in my case).

My question to all of you is "Has anyone ever taken this car for transmission service and NOT had it mess up again?". I have 2 more years of paying for this car (got it used), and it's becoming very stressful, ESPECIALLY with failure to accelerate properly.
I have read years of posts here and it is my recollection that anyone who said they were all set, came back several weeks to months later and said "not" all set.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have read years of posts here and it is my recollection that anyone who said they were all set, came back several weeks to months later and said "not" all set.
Three repairs in two years to my daughter's car. Definitely in the 'NOT all set' camp. Huge amount of slip, unable to climb hills, alarming amount of shudder, *extremely* harsh shifting, failure to accelerate at intersections. Heart-stopping, dangerous, unacceptable. I complained to Ford corporate and NHTSA. Someone is paying off someone to prevent a recall. I am still bitter. I bought my daughter another car as I couldn't contemplate the consequences if that POS transmission were to lead to an accident. Do yourself a favor - if you want less stress, just get rid of it asap.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I got new old clutches. No shudder yet. Start up it's sluggIsh at times like it's slipping but no shuddering like I use to have. It's been over 4 months since the repair

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts