Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the wrong forum Duratek the 1st time sorry.

I just purchased a 2003 Focus Svt. Great car very pleased with it so far. It does have a transmission leak. I can not tell where. Any ideas on where in the West Surburban area I can take it for estimate and repair. (Oak Brook) and is this common and how much may it cost. Also good source for strut bars. I plan on running it at a BMW autocross next month.
Thanks [?|]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tranny leak

I can not tell every morning there is fluid under the middle of the car. I have jacked the car up and can not see any leaks. I am taking the Car up to the Road America 500 at Elkhart Lake this weekend and will be driving the car for the tour laps prior to the race.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Moved to: "Ford Focus Technical Chat"

[welcome] to focus fanatics!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well, if you don't see anything leaking, maybe it's the engine rear seal. That would leak out of the bottom of the clutch housing and drip straight down without making a mess on anything. Except the floor. Maybe smelling the leaked oil would help identify it. Could be power steering fluid too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tranny leak

Problem solved. It was not the transmission fluid. Rad. fluid fixed.
Ran the car at Elhart Lake this past weekend for the high speed tour. I was amazed at the handeling and the power in this car. [8D]

Pictures should be on line at www.partypics.com
Code: ELKHART

Ran the car Sunday 8-20-06 look for the Silver SVT tinted glass 30/80

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I was digging the Ferrari 512 and the Aston Martin that was there in the photos.
Glad you got the problem fixed on the Focus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts