Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I got off work, I was having issues with shifting my car into drive. I was unable to get past reverse. I had to press the brake in all the way in order to get into drive. Now, it won't let me shift into the "selectshift" gear. Anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
The other night I got off work, I was having issues with shifting my car into drive. I was unable to get past reverse. I had to press the brake in all the way in order to get into drive. Now, it won't let me shift into the "selectshift" gear. Anyone had this issue?
Hi CastleBravo1,

Have you had the chance to make an appointment with your dealer? Once you have one set up, please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll see how I can best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? My 14 Focus has just started exhibiting a similar issue. It started off with the gear shift not wanting to go into drive easily after reversing (such as backing out of a parking spot), and now it won't go into S as you described. I'm planning on taking it in to get checked out, but I'm interested to hear the diagnosis on yours.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? My 14 Focus has just started exhibiting a similar issue. It started off with the gear shift not wanting to go into drive easily after reversing (such as backing out of a parking spot), and now it won't go into S as you described. I'm planning on taking it in to get checked out, but I'm interested to hear the diagnosis on yours.
Welcome to the forum!

I want to look into some additional options. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
7 Posts
The problem seems to have gone away after a few days. I can no longer reproduce it but will keep an eye on it if it starts happening again.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
The problem seems to have gone away after a few days. I can no longer reproduce it but will keep an eye on it if it starts happening again.
Glad to hear it worked itself out. :) I'll be here if you need me.

Meagan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts