Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! New to the forum, so far loving it!

I have a 2015 Ford focus sedan. It has 3200 miles and I've noticed some stuttering coming out of first gear or when I let the car roll at a a stop light. To me it feels like the clutch is slipping. I have a friend with a 2013 focus that had the same issue and his was fixed because of a recall. I've taken mine to the dealership and they have,

"preformed a clutch circuit inspection and reprogram of the adaptive memory and TCM/PCM circuit to make sure the latest software calibrations available are present. Upon reset with IDS system the clutch engagement and transmission functions are within the Ford factory specifications. Verified with technician technical assistance as per pinpoint test a."

Also took a reading of the trani and sent that and my Vin number to Ford. Ford came back and said my specific car shouldn't be having these issues.

Anyway, anyone else have these issues, or have any ideas as to what it could be?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII Problems section.

Read up here & in the MkIII section (stickies first) for more info. on the trans. & issues that have been seen with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey! New to the forum, so far loving it!

I have a 2015 Ford focus sedan. It has 3200 miles and I've noticed some stuttering coming out of first gear or when I let the car roll at a a stop light. To me it feels like the clutch is slipping. I have a friend with a 2013 focus that had the same issue and his was fixed because of a recall. I've taken mine to the dealership and they have,

"preformed a clutch circuit inspection and reprogram of the adaptive memory and TCM/PCM circuit to make sure the latest software calibrations available are present. Upon reset with IDS system the clutch engagement and transmission functions are within the Ford factory specifications. Verified with technician technical assistance as per pinpoint test a."

Also took a reading of the trani and sent that and my Vin number to Ford. Ford came back and said my specific car shouldn't be having these issues.

Anyway, anyone else have these issues, or have any ideas as to what it could be?
Mine does too, but it is a slip that occurs when the clutch is disengaging and engaging again, is normal at low speed.
Sometimes I also feel to go through a corner and then begin a descent at low speed when accelerate again does the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2015 transmission issue.

I have a 2015 Ford focus sedan. It has 3200 miles and the automatic tani. I've noticed some stuttering coming out of first gear or when I let the car roll at a a stop light. To me it feels like the clutch is slipping. I have a friend with a 2013 focus that had the same issue and his was fixed because of a recall. I've taken mine to the dealership and they have,

I've read a lot of the threads on here and have gotten some great information. Just wondering if there is anything I should be doing or if I'm on the right track with the dealership?
Much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think you're on the right track by going to the dealership like that. Make them aware that you've got these issues.

Have you felt that the transmission is actually shifting erratically or actually causing really jerky behaviour while shifting? (I'm not talking about complete powerless here, which is the worst case scenario).

I have a 2015 as well, manufactured in March 2015 (Mar 28, 2015 according to VIN). (I celebrated my car's birthday by patching her up with touch up paint after somebody keyed her).

At first it was just some shudder when shifting from 1 to 2, and rattling when accelerating from 2 to 3. Now, I get some heavy jerkiness (makes all passengers look like we're head banging to music) when shifting from 1 to 2 after the car's been going for at least 10 mins, and still loud rattling from 2 to 3. Sometimes my transmission doesn't shift when it should, say from 1 to 2 at 2k RPM, it instead will shoot right up to 4-5k RPM sit there for a second, then suddenly slam into 2nd and the whole car jerks while it settles down and accelerates back up. That drives like a teenage learning how to shift for the very first time.

This is definitely not normal, but I'm not caught off guard about it. I've kept abreast as much as I can about this transmission, and it's gotten to the point where I know the dealership's service department shouldn't be able to just shrug me off and call it "normal behaviour". (Please note that I have not contacted my dealership yet, I will very soon. My dealership has in no way shrugged me off.)

I'm hoping all that has happened is that because my manufacture date is so close to the end of the 2014 models, I just have an old clutch pack with the bad seals. From a truly cold start (first thing in the morning), my car's perfectly smooth during the first half of the drive in to the office. It's usually after about 15 minutes of driving that the transmission starts to shudder, jerk, and slip.

Is there a way to see which revision of the transmission your car has, without bringing it into the shop? I doubt it's stored in the SYNC system or anything like that...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you're on the right track by going to the dealership like that. Make them aware that you've got these issues.

Have you felt that the transmission is actually shifting erratically or actually causing really jerky behaviour while shifting? (I'm not talking about complete powerless here, which is the worst case scenario).

I have a 2015 as well, manufactured in March 2015 (Mar 28, 2015 according to VIN). (I celebrated my car's birthday by patching her up with touch up paint after somebody keyed her).

At first it was just some shudder when shifting from 1 to 2, and rattling when accelerating from 2 to 3. Now, I get some heavy jerkiness (makes all passengers look like we're head banging to music) when shifting from 1 to 2 after the car's been going for at least 10 mins, and still loud rattling from 2 to 3. Sometimes my transmission doesn't shift when it should, say from 1 to 2 at 2k RPM, it instead will shoot right up to 4-5k RPM sit there for a second, then suddenly slam into 2nd and the whole car jerks while it settles down and accelerates back up. That drives like a teenage learning how to shift for the very first time.

This is definitely not normal, but I'm not caught off guard about it. I've kept abreast as much as I can about this transmission, and it's gotten to the point where I know the dealership's service department shouldn't be able to just shrug me off and call it "normal behaviour". (Please note that I have not contacted my dealership yet, I will very soon. My dealership has in no way shrugged me off.)

I'm hoping all that has happened is that because my manufacture date is so close to the end of the 2014 models, I just have an old clutch pack with the bad seals. From a truly cold start (first thing in the morning), my car's perfectly smooth during the first half of the drive in to the office. It's usually after about 15 minutes of driving that the transmission starts to shudder, jerk, and slip.

Is there a way to see which revision of the transmission your car has, without bringing it into the shop? I doubt it's stored in the SYNC system or anything like that...?

I don't have those issues, that sounds pretty serious I would definitely recommend going to the dealership. The guy I'm dealing with and the mechanic are really knowledgeable and willing to help with the whole posses. I do not have any erratic shifting.

I have not looked to see if I can identify my exact transmission or checked my VIN number to see when the manufacturing date was. But when I bought the car, I was told that it was a late model 2015 and should not have the clutch pack and seal issue. Never the less, I have the same symptoms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts