Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read several posts about the new powershift transmission and users posting their likes and dislikes about this new piece of technology Ford has put into the new model Focus. Well I have been on the fence about what exactly is "normal" behavior for this transmission and what is "abnormal", as I have never driven a DSG for an extended period. After having enough of abnormally harsh shifts, unusual shifting, etc - I decided to take it into the dealership with 1,500 miles on the clock. After being without the car for a week I got it back and though there was no charge for the service this is what was on the repair order.

"Road test, inspect, found leak at bellhousing per SSM contact hotline, R&R trans to inspect, replace input shaft seal, reinstall clutch, reinstall trans, top off fluid, recal clutches&shift motor, road test"

Was told by the service tech to give it another 300-500 miles to see if the issues are fixed. I should hit that in a few days, so we will see if this problem is behind me, or if I will have to re-visit the dealership.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm guessing that you haven't had any of the previous issues since you got the car back?

I'm glad that they located the problem, and were able to find something concrete to work on.

Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am still on the fence, trying to give it it's break in period plus it has
relearn my driving habits etc. I drive over a hundred miles a day, so it won't take me long to break it in again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Leak? Was the whole problem low transmission fluid?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts