Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all my fellow Focus owners, check out my previous posts for all of my mechincal issues. First it was my clutch (replaced for $800), engine ($1,200) and now guess what? My transmission. What happened you asked? I was driving to work yesterday and I made a right turn and I heard a horrible squealing coming from my engine. After the turn, the noise went away. Continuing on my merry way, about five miles down the road, I heard a the noise again, and it felt like my clutch was slipping. When I engaged the clutched it stopped. Then I let it back out the noise started again, this time louder and worse, like metal on metal tearing up. When I pressed the clutch the car wouldnt go into gear or anything and then when I got it in gear, I had to literally force it out with both hands. I tried one last time to get the car in another gear and when I pressed the clutch....it went straight to the floor.......I pulled over and turned on my hazards. My car was smoking and i had some brown flud leaking. I got it towed and this morning they told me I need a new tranny and clutch. mind you the clutch is less then two years old. A total cost of about 1500. The peole I financed it through a thinking about giving me a new car if they cant get it fixed for cheaper, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Get the new car!!!

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
man i have a 2005 ford focus zx4..at 9k i blew my first tranny....at 19k the 2nd one was rebuilt,,,and at 30k the 3rd one was replaced,,3 trannys in 30k miles..can u believe that? but atleast all 3 were covered by the ford company,,even the tow was,, but still...3 trannys almost same year..after the first one i was thinking maybe its because i drive fast and have a manual drive car,,but then the 2nd went out and i was taking it easy on the car,,,,so then i knew it was not me....clutch exploded and tore up the gears and synconizer in the first tranny....good luck man...lol,,,id take the new car man,,,,,,see ya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts