Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my research I found that the Nissan Pathfinder had all kinds of issues with a transmission cooler located inside the radiator. After my flush in the 2011 Focus i saw that it also had the cooler inside the radiator. I just have a generic question.... is this now a staple of engineering? The pathfinders would eventually develop a leak in the transmission cooler and expose the transmission to antifreeze causing catastrophic failure. My thinking is to reroute the lines to a cheap transmission cooler located in front of radiator...and just by pass the in radiator cooler... just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Basically every vehicle in existence with an automatic transmission has a transmission cooler in the radiator.

This is not a Nissan Pathfinder don't worry about it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Nissans tend to do it a lot and in more than one model, Ford not nearly so bad. I drive cars long and hard and tend to replace the cooler setup once they get a lot of miles, it's silly to lose a car over a broken line. I drop the radiator here to use cooler only in Texas and no issues at all in winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts