Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was thinking about buying a spare auto tranny for my car to build. Now that im boosted im sure my existing auto transmission will eventually go. I found a cheap auto tranny with 30K miles on it. I was thinking about building it up so I wouldnt need to worry about it breaking under high turbo boost. With a spare I would be able to slowly build it a little at a time w/o having to have my car off the road. I was curious as to what type of stuff would be needed to make this handle more than 300WHP? Thanks in advance!

BOOSTA

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Pretty much I guess. Just compare the parts in each tranny and for each HP rating. So if you want more than 300hp look at the trans that's built to hold 300 hp or more which would be the Street Terminator Plus (500hp) and look at the parts.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
alto redline forward clutches (upgrade to 5 from 3 bands)

Ford Racing torque converter (getting hard to find these days)

recalibrated valve body (not really necessary since you can mess with the tune to get the same results)

change the fluid often - every 10-20k miles

I would send the diff to phantom grip LSD to see if you can get a prototype made for you to test, they probly wouldnt charge you since there are no options on the market right now, it would be a good investment for them
edit, i take that back looks like lentech put theirs back on the market

imo if you daily drive do not get a high stall converter it is only going to cause you problems with the fluid and will decrease your fluid change interval

Reactions: BOOSTA
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.