Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2012 Titanium (automatic) bought in March 2013 with 11 miles (31,270 now- all hwy, husband is a trucker, I travel a lot))... loved it for 2 months now had nothing but problems. APIM changed 4 times (1st time within 2 months of buying car), shocks replaced around 11,000ish miles, Struts replaced at 14,000ish miles... The transmission... well tha'ts taken me to the dealership at least 6 times, but As we all know the 2012 has the wonderful new double clutch automatic transmission, that to me shifts like a burnt out manual. Had clutches "cleaned, lubed and reset" twice They finally replaced one of the clutches (i think to shut me up)... But that's the least of my worries now. I've complained the last 3 times when looking at my transmission that there is a popping noise front driver side. thought it was maybe a strut again but problem could never be duplicated. Last night my engine felt like it was going to fall out of my car and my car started making horrible noises (like a truck with a hole in the exhaust) and became hard to steer and would barely drive forward. Engine is tilted forward and down to the right pulling all components on the right down with it. Dealership called today and said they are replacing ONE transmission mount and that i will have it back in 2-3 days. Maybe I'm stupid, idk... but If the transmission is under the engine, and the engine is pulled down as well as the transmission....would that not mean that the remaining transmission mounts (as well as the engine mounts) could be stretched/ cracked/ warped as well? I asked why they are not replacing all of them and they said b/c FORD only allows them to fix what is broken, not what might be broken. I'm seriously at my whits end. Please can someone please point me in the right direction. (btw... I'm 3 weeks outside being able to file as a Lemon... FML)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There IS only one transmission mount, and it's over the trans. which is on the driver's side next to the engine. Unusual for a mount to break in a way that would allow that much movement actually.

Hopefully when they do the repair any associated damages would be noticed & repaired as well. Can't guess ahead of time if they will find additional problems as a result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts