Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so as many of you may know, I just bought a 2005 ST. I read on here a lot about the warranty transfer, got some differing info, so thought I would offer up what I found....

The two dealers here both told me that the factory warranty just follows the car itself, so I have until 2008/36k for btob, and until 2010/50k for powertrain. They said nothing had to be paid for or signed, just had to have the title itself, with original date of service (which was April 05).

They said that after that, if I buy an extended warranty (which I probably will do) THEN, someone would have to pay to have it transferred to them, with me signing off on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
All FOCI came out of the factory with a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty,regardless.If you want it transfered to you,you will have to pay 50 bucks. That will take care of powertrain.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Irish, I just checked, and you are correct...I am having Ford check out my new Focus for free, just to make sure everything is good. I will add the transfer of warranty then.

·
Registered
296 Posts
In what year did Ford begin offering the powertrain 100k/5 year standard on the Focus?
I thought it was 2004. I just bought a 2004 SVTF and had the powertrain warranty transferred for $50. I also have a 2002 ZX5 and there is no powertrain
warranty for that year Focus.

04SVTZX5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts