Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one step away from dropping my trans to replace the slave (maybe clutch depending upon condition) and the linkage removal is the only thing holding me up.

Can someone please explain how to remove it? Maybe the pic will help you to guide me.

This is on a 02SVT- the cat has not been removed so space from underneath is very limited. I would assume I can do this from the engine bay but even that is very tight.

·
Registered
530 Posts
All you gotta do is pop it off..

The one you see on top is the easy one..

The one below that one is the Bitch! just becarful an try not to ruin it.. I used two flat screwdrivers an as best i could evenly pried it off.. Ill see if i can find you a link to a better detailed removal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris for the reply- after I removed the main fuse box I was able to see a little better on what I needed to do.

By far this was the hardest piece of the whole project.

I thought I was going to get away with just a slave cylinder replacement but soon as I popped the case from the motor I smelt burnt clutch and then found chunks of clutch material in the bellhousing.

I'm calling it good for today and try to enjoy the rest of the weekend- this is the last time the wifey drives my ride.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
not sure if this will work on the SVT but i used a body panel tool on my mtx75 it will put pressure on about 75% of the connector.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Use a pry bar, after you release the tension. It can and will break, and is not cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts