Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2014 focus with ~9500 miles had to go back to the dealer for transmission problems friday, but today they called and said all they had to do was reprogram the sensors. Anybody else had anything similar happen to them? Thanks guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. They said they needed to reprogram it and change some seals. They're still waiting on the seals to come in.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So my 2014 focus with ~9500 miles had to go back to the dealer for transmission problems friday, but today they called and said all they had to do was reprogram the sensors. Anybody else had anything similar happen to them? Thanks guys
8400 miles on my 2014 and just got it back from the shop on the 21st for the same thing....Much better now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The latest TCM firmware update will allow the engine to rev higher during 1st to 2nd gear shifts, it will now shift between 2500 and 3000 rpm, this will affect city fuel economy. Many of the complaints prior to this update where due to the shift point being set very low, around 2200rpm, to save fuel, this would cause very jerky 1st to 2nd transitions. Foci made since July 2013 have the new revision seals, the brown ones, so it is very unlikely they will have the contaminated clutch plates of earlier builds. A word of caution, many of these cars already had the latest firmware, the last one to my knowledge was July 2014, so all the dealers do is reset the transmission shift points, which will cause the transmission to relearn. Resetting the trans is not actually a bad thing, if the problem was caused to inexperience of the driver to operating a DCT, but, If you use bad DCT driving habits again (very slow takeoffs with no throttle, constant modulation or thumping of the accelerator at low speeds) the transmission will learn lighter loads and you will start experiencing shudders again.
To find out if your transmission was actually re-flashed, have the service adviser show you the version number that was installed on the OASIS/ETIS system, it will be under the software tab. You may have to guide him/her or even ask for the service manager, many reps do not even know this feature of the OASIS system. The OASIS system is updated 24/7, and the firmware version will show up as soon as it is flashed into the TCM. Cars that have never been flashed will not have any update number on OASIS, if this is your case, then you did not get flashed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts