Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch went out. i got a new oem replacement, that slipped a little so i got a clutch master kit (07-169-hdtz) and put on a fidanza aluminum flywheel. i put a new slave cylinder,and master cylinder.pedal free play checks out. had to have the flywheel machined down (done). still acts like there is no clutch. act like its in neutral. transmission? it sounds like it is shifting into gears but just not hooking up to spin the wheels. when trans was out i could turn the drive shafts and both sides turned. IDK?!?!?! any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
rise up the car jacks & check if it gives some force on the wheels. Are you sure that combo works? clutch master vs fidanza? Once before I had to, turn machine down the pressure plate in order to work, just an idea. And check the cables or engage the mechanism with your hends while its on jacks. good luck

·
Registered
323 Posts
If the pressure plate mounting surface was not surfaced to match the face resurface of the flywheel steel than that may be your issue.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Your problem might not be clutch, it might be the differential. Chock the wheels, and make sure the car is pointed in a direction that if it launches it won't damage anything. Now rev the engine in gear and see if the speedo moves. If it does, your problem is either the differential or the passenger side CV axle.

That is assuming that the pressure plate and friction disc are installed correctly and torqued correctly, and that the flywheel mounting bolts didn't shear off. Did you replace the slave cylinder? It is possible that the slave is stuck out, but I don't know of any way of getting it to pull back in if that's the case. You might want to open it up, but really if it was stuck out like that, then the pedal would still be against the floor unless the spring pulled it up. You might want to put your head under the dash and look at the position of the plunger.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
had to have the flywheel machined down (done).

I thought that you just replaced the friction ring ? I have never seen an aluminum fly wheel get turned down. Unless it was warped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i gave up, took it to ford they said pressure plate was wrong. so i went back to ford parts works now. thing that pisses me off i didn't get much help form clutch maters. now i know its not the trany. i will check things out to get clutch kit and fidanza to work.
to iroc34, fidanza told me for the flywheel to work with the clutch kit it had to have .260 step down to work. if the machine shop did it right, might check in fakitol idea. idk??? thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i gave up, took it to ford they said pressure plate was wrong. so i went back to ford parts works now. thing that pisses me off i didn't get much help form clutch maters. now i know its not the trany. i will check things out to get clutch kit and fidanza to work.
to iroc34, fidanza told me for the flywheel to work with the clutch kit it had to have .260 step down to work. if the machine shop did it right, might check in fakitol idea. idk??? thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts