Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any had this happen and it happens to me all most every time. If you are coming up to a light that is green and you want to turn left or right and you take the turn fast about 20,25 MPH the engine revs up and then slips back in to gear. Does not matter what way you are turning. This only happens on turns. It acts like it pulls the presser plate away from the clutch. I have the 6sp automated manual trans.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I take turns going fast, but I rarely accelerate throughout the whole turn. (EDIT: unless I'm at a red light!) I haven't had an issue with fast turns. Only slow turns on an incline... I'll look out for this on the way home today. It might not happen to me as I had my engine/transmission modules reprogrammed last week.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
interesting was your car built be[fore] 8/12/11 ??
Yup! 5/16/2011 that's why I asked for the reprogramming when my car started making weird noises when downshifting. It seems to be running a lot smoother now (no more jerking in stop-and-go traffic).

EDIT: It wasn't easy, though. Two dealers told me "this is normal." It took a phone call to regional customer service questioning why there was a calibration reprogramming if my car was working "normally." Anyway, I finally got it.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Ive noticed it twice and I was like wow that feels weird. you give it gas and then suddenly after a daily the car moves.. I know this isnt a torque converter trans so im just guessing its pretty much a normal thing for this transmission. the 6sp is very loud when searching for gears.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
With my manual tranny i am always shifting gears in the corner. From a stop turning left, if i am driving 'eco-mode' I will be shifting from first two second and get to third before the end of a left turn!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Has any had this happen and it happens to me all most every time. If you are coming up to a light that is green and you want to turn left or right and you take the turn fast about 20,25 MPH the engine revs up and then slips back in to gear. Does not matter what way you are turning. This only happens on turns. It acts like it pulls the presser plate away from the clutch. I have the 6sp automated manual trans.

Thanks
This has happened to me about once every thousand miles. My car is an early build like yours. Have you had the 11-10-2 TSB done?

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Ford Focus Technical Chat"

·
Registered
155 Posts
That has happened to me about once a month. Only in sharp turns and at a low to moderate speed. The trans gives quite a jolt. I assume it is some kind of software bug concerning what the transmission controller 'thinks' you intend to do in a turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts