Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE HERAD OF A THROW OUT BEARING AND A PRESSURE PLATE BLOWING UP AND PUTTING A HOLE IN THE TRANS???????

WAS NOT DRIVING FAST, NO HARD ACCEL.
STARTING OFF FROM A STOP.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
no need to yell, we can hear ya just fine...

i dont know much about trannys, but it sounds like you need a new one. are you under warranty?

but fortunatly there are some here smarter then I. they will be along to help soon.

but to start with, is it an ATX or MTX?

focusin should be along soon, he knows alot about trannys (wait, he knows about the other kind of trannys....)

·
Registered
549 Posts
i have heard of a clutch disc coming apart and destroying everything around it....i see you have a 2001 so i guess no warranty. and it is possible for the housing to break since it is made of cast aluminum......got any pics?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
crazy_urn said:
focusin should be along soon, he knows alot about trannys (wait, he knows about the other kind of trannys....)
ass.

Urn if he has a throwout Bering I am ASUMMING its a MTX.

If that's the case you should of been able to hear it going out before if blew everything to pieces. it should sound like a rattle when the clutch pedal is up and the trans is out of gear.

Now is it possible for the pressure plate and TOB to blow a hole in the tranny?

I belive it is possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tranny

ok, this is strange. i got in to the car to put it up on the rack, it moved, but the gears shifted hard.
it would beraly move, but the clutch engaged.
all tranny fluid is gone, i still have a clutch???????
i still metal chunks, in the crack of bell housing area, were it meets the motor.

any idea??, or i am just gonna have to pull to see what happened.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
your gonna have to pull it anyway... but my guess would be that you fractured the clutch disc, and part of it is still there, allowing it to move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts