Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Focus ZTS
Automatic

For some reason now my transmission has been shifting hard and can no longer sustain the OD.

Was wondering what might be causing this, my only guess is the fluid and filter. (but I am not a mechanic)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course, the standard 3 year warranty. Crap, I was hoping to avoid being without my car.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:-O,, awwwww crap. Never easy is it...?

O well, thanks anywho. guess I will have to take a little drive. Luckly there are like 4 diff ford dealerships on my way home, so if anything happens the free roadside assist. won't have far to go.......
(just gotta look on the bright side)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had my auto tranny replace by ford, it only took 2 days! surprisingly fast and it runs well after! my focus has about 40000km on it when replace

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
how hard do you drive the car?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am a not a hard driver, i think there are some defect since new~~ I also had many other stuff replace by ford, but now my warranties are over, i am extra careful now!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
and BTW, the secretary shows me the bill for replacing the tranny, it cost about $3500CAD including new tranny and labour! Happy to know that it cost me nothing!

·
Registered
217 Posts
since we're talking about trannies here, ,y wife has a 94 ford probe with an ATX. when she drives on the freeway, the car has trouble picking up speed past 55. its like the transmission doesnt want to downshift when she floors it. this only happens at higher speeds, but the car is perfect normally. OH YEAH, the car only has 64,000 miles. I'm thinking a bad transmission but if anyone has another idea...

·
Registered
217 Posts
it got a transmission flush not too long ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts