Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is a 2000 Focus SE with the 2.0 ZETEC auto tranny. Here's what it's doing: Going down the road at normal speed, there's a "thud", the rpm will shoot up, the car will lose its forward thrust and the tranny temp warning light will illuminate for a few seconds. Then everything is OK. It did it once this morning and once this afternoon.

I took it to the tranny shop and had the codes read, or in my instance, the lack of codes noted. Yep. NO codes.

Any clue? I told them to keep it and explore tomorrow. With your input, maybe I can give them a hint as to where to look...[?|]

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile This belongs in Tech Chat, but it sounds like your trans is on its way out unfortunatly. Fortunatly I still had warranty. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the battery. Honest...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what happened: My tranny mechanic took it on an extended test drive. It happened to him as it did my son...almost. HOWEVER, the mechanic stated that the car lost it's thrust, all warning lights came on and the needles pegged out then went to zero. Immediately afterward, everything was OK again. It's as if the car were turned off then started again. Apparently something in the battery was breaking or shorting the car ignition circuit.

Anyway, the battery was from Autozone and less than a year old. So I took the battery back and received a free replacement. I took it on a 30-minute spin with no problems!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts