Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was on my way to school after picking upi my girlfriend. well i came up on this light which happens to be on the downslope of a steep hill. well the light turns green and i let of the brake and start to roll. starting in second i get to about 15mph and it just lets loose, no second. shift to third and have third try to shift to fourth and no fourth. so i get to school after using only third gear and then i park. luckily i pull all the way through so its a straight shot out, because turns out i have no reverse either. its in the dealer at 7am when they open up to get a new tranny or whatever. car has less than 25xxx miles and this is the first tranny issue.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Well at least it happened under warranty, sounds like it just might be a dissconeected cable, hopefully.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i hate that man...some cars just get unlucky and get a bad part...right when i got mine i had 34k miles on it. some old dude had it before me. i have replaced the fuel sensor fuel pump...ac manifold and condenser...that was my fault i hit a rock also broke my oil pan so i jb welded it. and now i need a clutch...dont know man..the japanesse have it all. you can ride them forever

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
archie said:
how long does it take to rebuild a transmission?
It depends on what's wrong...if the entire gearbox is shot they'll just replace it with a new one. I had my internal shift linkage give out and it only took the dealer a day to get it back to me. If its a major problem with the gearing they won't even bother with trying to repair it, transaxles are very complicated and they'd end up spending more repairing it than they would replacing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts