Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving my SVT around for awhile, when i stop and take it out of gear and take my foot of the clutch my tranny chatters, and when i put the clutch back in it stops, to me it seems like the throw out bearing. has anyone else had this problem? She only has 41,000 miles, is this covered under warranty?

·
Registered
174 Posts
1turbofocus said:
It is noisy yes but wont cause a problem , It isnt something that HAS to be fixed

Tom
Thats good to know. But updated parts/new clutch do sound good. The noise is loud enough in my case to be heard by others.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Yes. My 94 Ranger always had this same chatter when I first started it up in the morning. I bought it with 23k and drove it to a 150,000 miles with the stock clutch. It was starting to slip around the last 5k miles.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have tranny chatter as well, and I dont have ANY of the stock componets left in it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome to the world of the SVT marbles in a tin can tranny syndrome. A lot have and some don't.....get fixed asap due to ford being such bitches. If one dealer says no, go to another. Make sure your still under warranty plus bring in the TSB papers.

·
Registered
351 Posts
1turbofocus said:
It is noisy yes but wont cause a problem , It isnt something that HAS to be fixed

Tom
Turbo Tom is right on here, in one sense. however, if you are under warranty, take it in and have it checked. (not necessarily for the original poster, but just for others that may read it). There is a possibility of input shaft damage with chatter of that sort, as well as premature clutch wear. I've had mine done under warranty, new flywheel and clutch, and then took it back in 2 weeks later for the same thing. It was my understanding that this IS normal on this car, especially with the getrag, I just needed to be sure, and had my input shaft etc. inspected twice. My warranty is up soon, and I'm planning on starting to run the car, so I needed to be sure she was solid before I put any excessive force onto her.

But, i have been told by other members, mechanics, and now by a reputable Ford Dealership whom i trust, that this IS normal. So normal, that it can't be fixed because there is not a problem. So, if your input shaft has been checked, rest easy.

So for what tom said, +1

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr[?|] [?|] i didnt get an SVT because of that when i was looking for a new car. i want one. but they are very rear here where i live.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Mine does it to. It's annoying isnt it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
don't beat yourself up too bad. Sometimes it DOES cause problems. But if it's under warranty, and you get that shit scoped out, you can be alright. I just picked my car up from the shop again today, had the car aligned. I was getting rear inner tire wear, which there is a tsb for, but since they COULD align it, my car wasn't affected. Set me back $65 i wasn't planning on spending, but ah well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts