Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Friday night i wrecked my 2014 Focus SE. And just got the word yesterday that it was totaled. I just got in in Sept so I've only had it 6 months or so. Kinda bummed, i really liked the car. Im ok, short of some craps and bruises. And luckly i have GAP insurance so its all being taken care of. Ive been driving around since Saturday in a brand new Ford Taurus Limited and man that thing is nice. I have to return the rental in 72 hours so i gotta start car shopping. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Ouch,,,,, What happened? You ok besides the bruises?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Gracious, cracked / split a wheel there eh? Or is that just a wheel cover? That's a wheel...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yah, thats a wheel,,,,,

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah scraps and bruises nothing else hurt, and yeah from what i could tell, the rim is cracked in half the axle is busted at the CV joint, lower A arm broken, and even the disc on the disc brake was cracked, in addition the front fender was damaged and the 3 driver side airbags went off. Amazing part though, when the airbags went off the car went into "Crash Mode" which is what all the screens read and it used bluetooth through Sync to automatically dial 911 for me.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Seems like it did its job,,, What are you looking at to replace it? A used st prehaps???

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
Glad your ok!

Kinda ironic that you have blood coming from the sword on your tattoo!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah a lot of my friends on Facebook, noticed and mentioned that Lion-O (from Thundercats) was stabbing my leg. Not sure yet Felix it was actually a lease. So i gotta get with the lease company and see what they can do to replace it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Good way to get out of a lease,,,

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd be looking at a used vehicle, see what kind of loan you can get from your bank/ credit union,,,

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are looking at putting me in a 2014 VW Passat 1.8T Wolfsburg. They said to tell them what kinda car i want and they will see what i can afford on my budget.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Seems like it did its job,,, What are you looking at to replace it? A used st prehaps???
Believe it or not, the ST is not a suitable car for everyone.

Consider how many "regular" Focuses are sold for every ST that is sold.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was driving home from work and had stopped for dinner, there is a new housing development being built on the access road to the hwy. I was driving along the access road and see a sign to get over to the right to exit to a street i wanted to turn on. And without warning way before the turn i wanted to take was a sharp right turn into the new housing development with nothing more than some white reflector markers that you don't see till you're on top of them (no street lights or signs have been built yet) and i tried to brake and make a hard right turn but was too late and i hit the curb and jumped up on the median.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Crap glad your ok. That is the same color as my car. Makes me cringe!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So i just got back from getting all my stuff out of the car. And taking off the mods. I had a stubby antenna, aftermarket fog light kit, those upgraded A/C knobs and a K&N Typhoon intake (all of which will be going up for sale) Here are some pictures in the daylight of the damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
It was cool that they allowed you to take the mods. Once the insurance company signs off the loss they do not allow anything except personal belongs. Try not to scuff up the paint lol :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
It was cool that they allowed you to take the mods. Once the insurance company signs off the loss they do not allow anything except personal belongs. Try not to scuff up the paint lol :)
When my old car was totaled their was a period between of time where you could unload stuff but major parts would have to be replaced. I told my hid kit off the car and put the regular bulbs back in.

To the OP, sorry about the car but glad you're ok. Any crash you can walk away from is a good one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts