Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its funny, I was just reading the "how many trouble free miles" on an SVT. Well I had about 3000 before my first set of tires were bald from improper alignment. Then after 4 more alignments and three sets of tires the car is ok...But the headaches Ive encountered has cause me to get rid of mine. Its an 03 with only 27000 miles on it. I love the car to death (HIDs, killer stereo, nice interior, easy upgrades) to mention a few. But Im getting rid of it and moving to a Subaru WRX. Its a year newer and all wheel drive, not to mention turbo charged. So I hope the Subi brings me more luck than the SVT did

·
Registered
481 Posts
can't say i wouldn't do the same if the oppurtunity presented itself. but i have 4 kids and a lot invested in my focus so i'm staying with it for the time being.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The WRX is a tempting lot, regardless of issues with the SVT. Best of luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Treat is nicely enough and it should, I skim a subie board once in a while due to my continued interest in the 2.5RS, the people who complain about the transmission shattering are the same who wonder why their best launches at at 6000RPM clutch dumps. I think the story with Subaru hasnt changed much, small nagging problems yes, but in most meaningful ways, mechanically solid.

Have fun checking the plugs on that horizontally-opposed block [rofl]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
best of luck to ya, show us some pics when you buy it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts