Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been curious lately as to who HAS or WOULD trade their exisitng SVTFocus in simply for another one? The reason being, I like to look and see what SVT's are out there on occassion as I've always wanted the EAP package version but even more so, I've got a real itch for the CompOrange or ScreamingYellow models. So, I was wondering if anyone has ACTUALLY done a trade-in for the same car just because the other one had features yours didn't? Things to consider are model year, miles, color, and the OPTIONS . Might sound silly but its crossed my mind more than once. Heck, I absolutely love my 03 and I'm not getting rid of it to NOT have an SVTF but I wish I could have found that specific one when I bought mine. I wasn't really looking for an SVTF when I got mine but happened to drive by my local stealership and saw the 03 pitch black that I now own. The price was too good to pass and I haden't really seen any other SVTF's around. Well, at least I have one but man would I give to get that PERFECT one. Let me hear your .02. Thanks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If yours has not given you very many problems, I would stay with it. It seems lots of these cars were built on Fridays, lol.

I kind of wish I had an EAP SVT (don't let my car hear that), but I think me and my 03 were meant to be. It was built on 03/03/03, and 3 just happens to be my favorite number (GO WADE!!!).

All that being said (here is were I contradict myself), if you find an 04 with low miles, a relatively clean OASIS and Carfax reports, and a good price then do whatever tickels your pickle =)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'd trade mine for an EAP model or for a similar model in Orange or Yellow. Like yourself, I bought a black car, because a black car is what they had.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've thought about it...but i wouldn't go through all that trouble to trade mine in. The EAP ones are real nice and i kinda wish i had come across one of those before getting mine...but what's done is done. I love my car and i feel like i'd be betraying it if i traded it in for something similar. My cars been real good to me so i'm gonna be real good to it...

I mean you wouldn't trade one of your best friends for another friend just cause that person's appearance is a bit more eye catching would you :p

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would trade mine in for a silver/yellow/orange 3 door SVTF. I had the chance to get the orange euro, but they wanted 4k more for it than the base SVTF. I couldn't justify it. I wish I had done it now that I look back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SuperFocusMan said:
By SVT, do you mean the whole line. If I had a SVTF and found a Cobra, then yes
I would trade it in for sure.
I mean just our beloved SVTF. Don't get me wrong, if I could get a good deal on an 03-04 cobra, I'd certainly have to say good-bye Focus. Even then, I'm not 100% sure it would be that easy to do. By far, this little car has been the most fun car to drive that I've ever owned and my mustang absolutely destroys it from a power stand point. Just goes to show you that power isn't everything.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
if i find a pitch black with eap, good condition with acceptable milage- then its a done deal. price wont be a big concern. i want that car !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Artood2s said:
If yours has not given you very many problems, I would stay with it. It seems lots of these cars were built on Fridays, lol.
Actually, mine gave me a ton of problems when I first got it and it was purchased USED and STOCK . Well, its had basically every TSB done and has improved its realibility greatly. Finally! (Knock on wood). For a while there, my wife wanted me to sell it or trade it in. I struggled with the thought as I still do when thinking about a trade-in since I know its had all the recommended fixes done. Heck, I just bought new SVT rims, tires, and FS STB. Never the less, I feel that given the right price and optioned SVTF, I'd probably do it. I just haven't found that justifiablely priced SVTF. Anyway, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that has and does feel this way.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I dunno if its the exact same situation.

I traded in my 2005 ZX3 S for my now 2004 Focus ZVT EAP ZX5.

The SVT had everything I wanted and with only 9900 miles on it, I consdered it still a baby (mine had 25K) I also knew the guy who owned the car before me and I worked @ the dealer when I purchased it so many things where running for me. I jumped at getting the SVT one day when I was just in for mantinance on my 05 and I must say its the best decsion I ever made.

If had an 02 SVT I would jump at an Decked out 04 EAP as well. If I had an 03 SVT Id prolly pass as long as it has the HID's which it seem like alot of them did.

·
Registered
291 Posts
03_SVTFoci said:
I like to look and see what SVT's are out there on occassion as I've always wanted the EAP package version but even more so, I've got a real itch for the CompOrange or ScreamingYellow models. I have one but man would I give to get that PERFECT one. Let me hear your .02. Thanks.
Found this on Autotrader the other day.
Here is the car brand new in AZ if it is not an out dated listing. Just think a warranty till August 2009.
http://tinyurl.com/km2vo

·
Registered
505 Posts
Shit...where I got mine, they now have a comp orange eap, with projector HD's, borla cat-back, 35% tint, steeda sts, typical wai and some other shit and it only has 18k on it. I have thought about trading mine in for that one many times, Im actually still thinking about it lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
So, it is obvious that I am not an SVT owner. I own a Kona, I love the color. Anyway, being the SVT novice here, what does EAP stand for?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
euro appearance package

wheels, hid's, and kick ass recaro racing seats with black inserts in the doors * droooool*

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I have a comp orange with EAP. I love it , but try going pass a cop without getting a look. I would consider trading it for a cd silver with EAP.

·
Registered
505 Posts
witchcitySVT said:
I have a comp orange with EAP. I love it , but try going pass a cop without getting a look. I would consider trading it for a cd silver with EAP.
Bah I would get it any ways...I might go up there some time next week and see how much more my payments would be If I traded them out

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
nickouellettesvt said:
Bah I would get it any ways...I might go up there some time next week and see how much more my payments would be If I traded them out
Don't get me wrong I love my car, but it gets a little more attention than I expected. If you have the chance to get an EAP car I say go for it. Make sure you get the tune to disable the TC its the only down fall of EAP.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
there was a comp orange on ebay that ended a couple days ago. it was a 5 door with a body kit and a midwing. i liked so much that i was thinking of trading mine in for it. only thing was it had more then twice the mileage of my car! yeah right, never mind that now! but it looked so nice[rolleyes]

ebay comp orange svt here

1 - 20 of 45 Posts