Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im trading in my zx3 tomarrow for a SVT and im wondering what the first upgrade i should do, I know it has a heavy flywheel and i can bennifit from a light weight one, I have heard they will bennifit from a throttle body, but what will I most bang for my buck with it. Im going to turbo the car in the very near future next few months. I wanna keep that in mind when im upgrading the performance. And does anybody know anything about getting rid of the vct on it woud that help me out?

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
A tune would be #1 thing.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Welcome to the better half of the foci community [;)] (calm down people, just kidding...but not really...just kidding...but not really...)

Anyways, I would do mods in this order:

1. Steeda Short Throw Shifter paired with rear engine mount.
2. Tune
3. Intake (not sure how this might conflict with the Turbo, someone else chime in).

Congrats on the car, you'll love the thing! [thumb]

·
Registered
970 Posts
Turbo will have it's own intake, so I wouldn't worry about that. Tom at focus-power.com has been messing with a VCT delete kit, but I haven't read much on what it gained.

If you are going turbo, get the STS and rear engine mount. You'll have to get a tune with the turbo setup, so when it comes time for that, be prepared to get that as well.

Anything other then the STS and rear engine mount, I'd wait until you get the turbo setup and then see what else you'll want, as the kit changes what options you have available for bolt-ons (like the intake). I'm sure you'll want to get a larger exhaust after you get the turbo kit installed as well.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've found that just putting a K&N drop in filter in made a pretty good difference, if you don't want to shell out the $$$ on a full intake. Definitely a tune and a rear engine mount. You can buy a VF engineering rear mount for about $100. It is a little bit of a pain putting it in (unless you have access to a good jack and some jack stands. I also bought some MSD plug wires for my car, and regapped the plugs to .060. That helped smooth out the idle.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want to have it tuned i know that helps them out alot but im going to have the turbo put on the car with in the next 3 months so im going to have it tuned then no since in doing it twice.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
^Your options are clear then, STS and rear engine mount. Still one of my favourite mods.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Really good tires will make more difference than anything short of the turbo itself, and will be even more worth it when you do go turbo. Other than that, Koni adjustable dampers are a serious help, and a Hypillauto exhaust with the Random Technologies cat is a good mod. Lightweight UDPs and wheels are also quite helpful in making it more, which will help you get into your boost quicker once you turbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts