Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 13 SE sedan for--guess what? A '14 SE hatch. Decided with all the rebates yada yada yada I would upgrade. Heated leather seats, winter package, appearance package, 17" rims. Love the hatch. Great car only better! Paid 16,500.00 for the 2013 and they gave me 13,000.00 trade-in plus 3,000.00 in rebates off the 2014. Drove the '13 for 2 years. Yes I like the Ford Focus.

BTW I'm selling the OBX Header http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-HEADER-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f45712da4&vxp=mtr

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Just traded my 13 SE sedan for--guess what? A '14 SE hatch. Decided with all the rebates yada yada yada I would upgrade. Heated leather seats, winter package, appearance package, 17" rims. Love the hatch. Great car only better! Paid 16,500.00 for the 2013 and they gave me 13,000.00 trade-in plus 3,000.00 in rebates off the 2014. Drove the '13 for 2 years. Yes I like the Ford Focus.

BTW I'm selling the OBX Header http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-HEADER-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f45712da4&vxp=mtr
Just curious... how much the transaction really cost you?

What was the total price difference of the "upgrade"?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts

Why put quotes on upgrade. It really is an upgrade upon his description. New features, newer car, less miles.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Good price on header GLWS.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

MSRP of the '14 was 23900.00 After trade-in and rebates (remember only had so much eqt in the '13) taxes and fees the total financed was 18,000.00

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Why put quotes on upgrade. It really is an upgrade upon his description. New features, newer car, less miles.
Because I'm interested to do the same...

I was wondering how much "upgrading" would cost out of pocket (money lost)...

Are you mad or something?

Since the OP put money figures in his post... asking for price seems relevant.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Because I'm interested to do the same...

I was wondering how much "upgrading" would cost out of pocket (money lost)...

Are you mad or something?
I was wondering if you were being facetious or not. Normally quotes mean you are not being serious or are not actually saying it's an upgrade

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car had like 1 mile on the odo. Must of unloaded her at the dealer and she sat there until I came along--which is just fine with me. Only thing I didn't get was MyFord Touch with the Sony stereo, which for me at least isn't worth $2500.00. Besides they didn't have any Titaniums left. I did get the Sirius radio FWIW. BTW salesman told me they had a '15 in the back. I was afraid to look. Might've wanted it too much.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
MSRP of the '14 was 23900.00 After trade-in and rebates (remember only had so much eqt in the '13) taxes and fees the total financed was 18,000.00
Wow... I guess I hadn't pushed enough the salesman for rebates...

I jumped to the used car for my 2012 instead.

I'm gonna try to see what I can get for my focus.

Probably less than 10 000$!

I'm already 36 000 miles for a 2012 SE.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
The car had like 1 mile on the odo. Must of unloaded her at the dealer and she sat there until I came along--which is just fine with me. Only thing I didn't get was MyFord Touch with the Sony stereo, which for me at least isn't worth $2500.00. Besides they didn't have any Titaniums left. I did get the Sirius radio FWIW.
That's a dang good upgrade then [thumb]

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
That's a dang good upgrade then [thumb]
Yes! Nice deal [8D]

I wonder when they must declare the car is a demo...

Can they let people ride it and then sell it as new?
Saying it was delivered by a jockey thus having xxxx miles already on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow... I guess I hadn't pushed enough the salesman for rebates...

I jumped to the used car for my 2012 instead.

I'm gonna try to see what I can get for my focus.

Probably less than 10 000$!

I'm already 36 000 miles for a 2012 SE.
One the credit side I had nearly 4k in equity in the 2013 plus a rebate of 3k on the 2014. Then I had to pay taxes, processing fees and tags.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
There are some good deals on 2014's right now. I bought a new 2014 SE hatch manual with the only options being a sunroof and heated seats for $13.8.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I was upside down on the truck I traded in on my 14 and was still able to get the car for under msrp. Good deals out there for sure!

Congrats on the upgrade!

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I traded my 13 fiesta SE hatch for a 14 Focus SE hatch. I lost big on the fiesta, but the focus was worth it.
What pushed you the most to swap for the focus? Interior space?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Getting anal, quotes on any word just means it is not the ordinary meaning. Quotes do not mean any sort of special 'burn in Hell' sort of meaning.. just that it is slightly 'special', or 'different'.
Sorry to be splitting hairs, but it seems to matter to at least one person.LOL [smackbum]

·
Registered
91 Posts
The reason I traded is because the DCT transmission was too annoying...I had serious problems with mine. The clutch was replaced twice, the seals/shaft 3 times.

I wanted a manual, I drove a fiesta and liked it, drove a focus and LOVED it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I owe a little over 10k on my 13 focus SE with less than 10k miles. Has all the options you have as well too. Bought it last january with 0% financing, only had to finance 13,000 after taxes and all that. Had some down. My wife hates stick, wants me to get rid of it lol. Told her to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts