Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... here I am ready to make the deal for a 2015 Stang ecoboost and agreed to price. All is well. Now the Mk3 trade they offered me $8,000 I politely asked to speak to the Sales Manager at Gus Machado and they would not budge. I POLITELY told them to shove it. $10,500 is fair I left. Chevy offered me 11,500.

·
Registered
990 Posts
That's sucks. Sounds like a poor dealership.

I got more than that for my 2009 when I traded it in for my 2014. I would have shopped around a little more. I do like the new Camaros though.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to Sawgrass Ford tomorrow. That ecoboost has serious acceleration

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think I got a certified amount for mine that I was happy with and the for dealer that I went to was on their list of dealers.

I think it was either auotrader or carfax.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well... here I am ready to make the deal for a 2015 Stang ecoboost and agreed to price. All is well. Now the Mk3 trade they offered me $8,000 I politely asked to speak to the Sales Manager at Gus Machado and they would not budge. I POLITELY told them to shove it. $10,500 is fair I left. Chevy offered me 11,500.
I am doing this same exercise on Monday. I ran the 'black book' estimate on my 2012 SE online and the dealer got a copy (triggered a phone call from them). The trade in estimate was $8,100-10,500. We'll see what they say on Monday.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Returned from Sawgrass tonight with a 2015 ecoboost premium Stang with Nav. My MK3 Sony stereo is better.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm assuming you bought it.

Real surprised given all the hassles you've reported with the south Florida Ford dealers. Do you somehow think that they treat Mustang owners better than Focus owners??

At least this time you've walked in with your eyes wide open.

Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have my MK3. I just leased not financed the Stang for the wife. (mine shhhhhh) Sold the Benz to CarMax, well tomorrow that is.

MIAMI dealerships SUCK. Plain and simple. I had to purchase in the next County. Actually, the salesman Rick at Sawgrass Ford was quite relaxed and no pressure. I made a deal I was comfortable with and was out of there in an hour. I am quite pleased. Pics later this week.

The MK3 was upside down too much. I have Ford Premium ESP and Maintenance plan so I am protected some what from huge expenses. I did notice my shark fin antenna is deteriorating. I deal with it when I have the clutch packs installed.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've actualy heard good things about sawgrass ford.

I think you and I are in a similar situation. I did my research on the MK3 before I bout it and also bought the ESP and maintenance package. Good to go until 100k miles.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've actualy heard good things about sawgrass ford.

I think you and I are in a similar situation. I did my research on the MK3 before I bout it and also bought the ESP and maintenance package. Good to go until 100k miles.
75,000 for mine. It is fine. The note will be paid off by then.

·
Registered
976 Posts
They are going to get their money on the trade (lower allowance to you) or the price of the car (higher), or the financing...one way or the other. Its all a shell game.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They are going to get their money on the trade (lower allowance to you) or the price of the car (higher), or the financing...one way or the other. Its all a shell game.
Exactly this... all you can do is research your trade-in value, what financing rate you should expect for your credit score and the fair price for the car you want. Go in with all your numbers figured out ahead of time and hope that they just accept the deal and get you out the door as soon as possible as a "volume" sale.... but that depends if you are buying a car that is in high demand or is one they want to move.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts