Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone traded their 2012 Focus or know what these things are getting for trade in values? 2012 MY's arent even available yet on kbb or nada. Ive gota Kona Blue SE and im thinking about trading it in for 2012 or 2013 (when they come out) mustang. I had a 2011 mustang gt and wrecked it. I saw the new focus's and i thought it was a nice looking little car. I do enjoy it (no problems at all at about 6k miles) but im itching to get back into another mustang. Just trying to get an idea so if i do try to pull the trigger on the mustang i dont get bent over with the trade in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just find some foxbody fuel injected notchback and call it a day if you want a Mustang :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Seriously you would trade a car in the same year? That's going to give you a 20% hit on the car's original value.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Seriously you would trade a car in the same year? That's going to give you a 20% hit on the car's original value.
Yeah and youll be upside down on the new car if you still have payments on the loan cuz that will roll over. I thought about trading mine in for a new STi but didnt like my insurance quote so Im keeping this for a while lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can afford the hit. Im just trying to get an idea of how much of one it is. But the actual plan is looking like trading in for the 2013 model. Im liking the updates. I feel like i work hard and you only live once so i should drive something i would really enjoy and right now thats the mustang.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I can afford the hit. Im just trying to get an idea of how much of one it is. But the actual plan is looking like trading in for the 2013 model. Im liking the updates. I feel like i work hard and you only live once so i should drive something i would really enjoy and right now thats the mustang.
save yourself the time. 2014 is the 50th anniversary with a whole new redesign planned. you'll feel like the people that got the 94/95 mustangs and the people that got the 2010 mustangs... had they waited a little longer, they'd get the most updated technology.

think about it like this... if you don't like the 2014 redesign, imagine how much you'll save on a 2013. if you think the 2013 is really THAT special that you HAVE to jump on it when it first comes out. good luck to you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
save yourself the time. 2014 is the 50th anniversary with a whole new redesign planned. you'll feel like the people that got the 94/95 mustangs and the people that got the 2010 mustangs... had they waited a little longer, they'd get the most updated technology.

think about it like this... if you don't like the 2014 redesign, imagine how much you'll save on a 2013. if you think the 2013 is really THAT special that you HAVE to jump on it when it first comes out. good luck to you.
Thank you sir. I'm also wanting the 2013 but you put it into perspective

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've considered waiting for the 2015 as well. I've still got a few months till the 2013 MY comes out. Thx for the advice guys.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've considered waiting for the 2015 as well. I've still got a few months till the 2013 MY comes out. Thx for the advice guys.
yeah, getting a 2013 would be a mistake. sounds like you don't know what you want. it's best to hold off or you'll be trading in a car every year. make sure when you get a car it's the one you want... not the one you want right then and there.

i got the focus and loaded it out with every feature / option i wanted so i wouldn't regret / change my mind a couple months down the road.

i too want to get in a mustang again, but for right now... i can wait and see what they come up with. when the 2012 boss came out, i thought nothing (imho) could top it. 2013's come out, yeah 2012's don't look so hot anymore... 2014 will be around the corner and i want to see that before making any decisions on my next mustang. i won't wait forever, cause i know the next year will always have some things better. i'll get what i'm happy with and something i can see myself keeping for a while.

good luck. [cheers]

·
Registered
148 Posts
I only owe $19000 I put 6000 down and I would never roll any money over on any car.

Yeah and youll be upside down on the new car if you still have payments on the loan cuz that will roll over. I thought about trading mine in for a new STi but didnt like my insurance quote so Im keeping this for a while lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts