Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 5sp is hard to find and people are looking for them , I just paid 3450.00 for a 2013 S 5speed with 113,000 on it and was happy to find it

Tom
Wish that were true. Trying to sell my 2016 5-speed SE hatch and the only people interested are low-ballers or dealers wanting to screw me even worse.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The 5sp is hard to find and people are looking for them , I just paid 3450.00 for a 2013 S 5speed with 113,000 on it and was happy to find it

Tom

Very few people want to daily drive manuals & 113k is a ton of miles for a ‘13. That’s why it’s worth 3.4k & my ‘13 Hatch is worth 14k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts
No it's not. Put it up for sale at that price. You'll never sell it.

Yep it will. Do some research. ‘13 Hatch, single owner, no accidents, clean carfax, 38k miles, Silver w/black interior, Titanium trim & factory 18” wheel/tire package, no door dings, interior immaculate etc. There’s probably less than 5 total in the country with less than 40k miles & mine is the cleanest. CarMax & Ford Dealers have those listed at about 13-14k.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yep it will. Do some research. ‘13 Hatch, single owner, no accidents, clean carfax, 38k miles, Silver w/black interior, Titanium trim & factory 18” wheel/tire package, no door dings, interior immaculate etc. There’s probably less than 5 total in the country with less than 40k miles & mine is the cleanest. CarMax & Ford Dealers have those listed at about 13-14k.

Your car is not worth Jack especially with that transmission. All you do is run your mouth. You are a annoyance, a run your mouth all day do nothing to back it up annoyance.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hahahaha. This BS again? If someone offered you $9K, jump on it.

C’mon man, you know that a ‘13 Titanium Hatchback w/38k miles has a little more resale value than that, just look at them on CarGuru’s & you’ll see. And I must say that even though the DCT is sluggish it’s still a better D/D vs. a manual in major traffic cities. The constant upshift/downshift a million times to drive 5 miles gets old fast.

·
Registered
160 Posts
the Focus felt like it was ready for Pikes Peak, Monte Carlo and Paris-Dakar. I was ready to fit some Ford Motorsport stickers. I can get over or understeer on any ramp. I like it.
As someone who has driven his 5-speed to Deal's Gap and Pikes Peak, yeah the car is definitely good at handling for a compact. I wonder if Ford and Mazda really does go hand-in-hand for great-driving compacts before the split?

But yeah back to the topic, my car on KBB is worth $1500 and yet most dealers around here would maybe buy it for $1000, and probably auction it as soon as possible. And they have been quoting me at $1000 for over a year now. Not that I really cared knowing that I was probably going to be the one who would drive my Focus until the engine gives out...

·
Registered
913 Posts
C’mon man, you know that a ‘13 Titanium Hatchback w/38k miles has a little more resale value than that, just look at them on CarGuru’s & you’ll see.
Don't confuse the outrageous price that a dealer INITIALLY slaps on a used car with what you could actually get. 38K is nice, but you don't have a highly collectible/desired car. It's not a Shelby Mustang. If you get offered $9K, snatch it from the person's hand and run.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Don't confuse the outrageous price that a dealer INITIALLY slaps on a used car with what you could actually get. 38K is nice, but you don't have a highly collectible/desired car. It's not a Shelby Mustang. If you get offered $9K, snatch it from the person's hand and run.

If someone offered me 9k I’d literally laugh at them as I drove away. I can get that much from Carmax. Titanium Hatchbacks are rare, especially with my wheels & pristine overall condition. I might consider 12k, depending on my mood that day.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
If someone offered me 9k I’d literally laugh at them as I drove away. I can get that much from Carmax. Titanium Hatchbacks are rare, especially with my wheels & pristine overall condition. I might consider 12k, depending on my mood that day.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
FYI, overall condition of a car doesn't affect trade-in as much as you think. Most dealerships use a national average to calculate trade-in values.

Just because you think your car is "perfect" doesn't mean that anyone is going to pay what you think it's worth.

You can buy ST3's with as many miles for the same price you think your Titanium is worth.

Edit: You've basically brought an empty bladder to a pissing contest.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Here I have for you a pristine Ford Focus with a slipping DCT transmission that will be $15,000 my good Sir. What a idiot. I can literally buy a Toyota Camry mid-range model just a few years old with low mileage for the price you want.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
https://www.thedrive.com/the-hammer/10481/long-term-reliability-how-ford-completely-lost-the-focus

The two-year-old car with 20,000 miles in this article was sold at $9,000 even though it MSRPs' at $18,000. Kelley Blue Book values your car at around $9500 from what I've read so far. Your car is a 2013 model but with a slipping dual clutch given your posts so that might not help in your favor.

That car is a basic Focus SE with no options & ugly wheels. The Titanium trim w/ the factory black 18” wheels will always carry more value & curb appeal.

Show me a 2013-2016 Titanium Hatchback, one owner, under 40k miles & no accidents for under 10k? You’ll be looking all day. $12-16k is about the asking price for a low mileage Titanium, not a basic SE.

·
Registered
830 Posts
A Focus SE will always have less value vs. a Titanium Focus. An ST1 will always be less than an ST3. Assuming all of the mentioned vehicles are low mileage, one owner, clean carfax, no damage, signs, etc. You makes make me laugh.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've said it before. The price of a thing is the point where the buyer is willing to offer enough money for the seller to part with it.

Personally, I doubt that anyone will pay Pokerrun's price, particularly considering his posts about how it drives like crap. Whether the transmission is slipping, or just has the typical DCT issues.

I bought my 2012 Titanium with 120,000 km (~75,000 miles) in February for $9000 CAD, so that's about $7,500 USD. I bought it from a dealer who added in oil changes for the next 3 years, and added a policy for paint and glass (rock chip repairs, door dings.) I would NEVER have paid that much for the car in a private sale, and I'd bet that the previous owner didn't get half that. My wheels might not be that unusual, but they are the 18" wheels, so they definitely factored into the price. I'm pretty sure that for 2012, I have a pretty full load-out.

Also, when I picked it up, the car drove fine, without apparent issue. We'll ignore what happened in the subsequent weeks for purposes of its price, because that was definitely in the realm of that which I would not have predicted, but someone who is shopping for a Focus (And who else would pay top dollar for one?) would probably not have been as surprised. In any case, there were no obvious problems with how the car drove when I picked it up.

So my car is a little older, and has a little more mileage on it, but as it appears, I actually have more factory warranty left, for whatever reason, since I was able to get warranty service for my DCT clutches, TCM and input shaft seal. Had the dealer wante more for the Focus... I'd have bought something else. Probably a Camry.

Now, all that said, if the car is worth $15,000 to him, and he wouldn't sell it for less, then that's what it's worth to him. Maybe there's a buyer out there who is looking for a one-owner Focus Titanium with low mileage, in pristine no-accident condition and really likes those wheels. Stranger things have happened. Hell, in the Supra group, I regularly see cars in stock condition selling for 75-80% of their original retail value from 25 years ago.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is a 9k car? Haha! Nope. Try 14k. It looks just like an ST, yet I have all the options of the ST3. 9k is an insult really. MSRP is 27k.

View attachment 259541

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Good luck. My 2014 5 speed has only 45k, sport pkg, XM and back up sensors. New I only paid 14.5k otd. And you think a used Titanium with a bad transmission is worth what I paid new? If you find someone to pay it you better sell asap.
Guarantee I can get a much larger % of what I paid new with a 5 speed than you’ll ever see.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts