Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got an '03 SVT. I push the traction control button, but nothing happens. Nothing lights up on the dash. How do I check and see if Trac control is working, or if the switch is bad, and all that....

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
Simple go over some bumps or water on the gas see if traction kicks in. Then you know its just the light.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Simple go over some bumps or water on the gas see if traction kicks in. Then you know its just the light.
This^^^^^+ When you turn the ignition to the on position does the t/c light on?

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
If you don't like your clutch then dump it at 3k. [burnout]

The TCS and ABS function from the same module, does the ABS light come on when you turn the key?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This^^^^^+ When you turn the ignition to the on position does the t/c light on?
No, the light doesn't.

The TCS and ABS function from the same module, does the ABS light come on when you turn the key?
I haven't noticed the ABS light, but I believe a few lights maybe burned out, or missing. I'm going to pull and replace light bulbs tomorrow. Where should I be looking for these lights, in case they are just burnt-out?

Also, I've checked the fuse, and it's there, I'll pull the fuse tomorrow when I've got my Leatherman handy, and check and replace if necessary. The previous owner did the fog lights mod, so I'm wondering if he disabled the tc or something as well. There's some sort of power switch along with an aux jack, on the dash that I have to chase down and figure out what it went to.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
No, the light doesn't.

I haven't noticed the ABS light, but I believe a few lights maybe burned out, or missing. I'm going to pull and replace light bulbs tomorrow. Where should I be looking for these lights, in case they are just burnt-out?

Also, I've checked the fuse, and it's there, I'll pull the fuse tomorrow when I've got my Leatherman handy, and check and replace if necessary. The previous owner did the fog lights mod, so I'm wondering if he disabled the tc or something as well. There's some sort of power switch along with an aux jack, on the dash that I have to chase down and figure out what it went to.
TCS is below the temp and tach/

If the fuse was blown or missing then the TCS ABS (and brake!, I think) lights would be lit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TCS is below the temp and tach/

If the fuse was blown or missing then the TCS ABS (and brake!, I think) lights would be lit.
the ebrake light is lit, but the other 2 don't light up at all. I'll have to go and replace all the bulbs. I grabbed a bunch from a pick a part the other day. I'll try them out, and see If that helps. If nothing else, I'll swap them out, with bulbs I know are good, like my seat belt light, and see if they light up.
If they don't light up, amd my fuse is good, then I have a much more serious issue right?

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
Usually those lights stay on if it's malfunctioning, unless they pulled the bulbs. If its not bulbs and fuses it could be an ABS sensor, wheel bearing, or the ABS/TCS module.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts