Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am new to the site. I recently got a 04 SVT Focus and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to disable the traction control completly. It seems like you should be able to but the manual doesn't indicate that it is possible. I have heard talk of a tune that disables it but does that just disable it completely or only when you press the button? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There are two ways to turn off the TC completely.

1. You wire up a TC kill switch (that disables fuse 46). Although this also kills your ABS and sets 80% of your braking power to the rear wheels (for the time that you have the switch activated).

2. Get a tune. With a tune you can completely disable the TC via the standard console button, not to mention the huge power gains and driveability improvements you'll see. I would recommend going this route.

Anyways, you should be able to find enough reading on these topics to fill up a week just by searching the forum, this is usually the best way to find answers. Good luck and welcome to the site [thumb]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
RE: 2)
Not necessarily.
Do you know the build date of your 04?
It appears that the later build dates are causing some problems with the tuners trying to kill the TC.
So far, the SCT from Wayne doesn't work,
and (now the secret is out) neither does the Diablo Predator from Tom.
I should add, Tom sent me the Diablo out of the goodness of his heart.
He just wanted to check if it was a tuning issue, or if in fact my car is just whacko.
Well, I guess it's my car...[confused] [:(]

·
Registered
373 Posts
I want this option from my tune except that i've sent about 6 unreplied e-mails to wayne in the last two weeks. when i get my car back from the shop where it's getting a clutch and flywheel, i want to set it back to stock and get my 360 dollars back because this is rediculous.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
WD40 said:
RE: 2)
Not necessarily.
Do you know the build date of your 04?
It appears that the later build dates are causing some problems with the tuners trying to kill the TC.
So far, the SCT from Wayne doesn't work,
and (now the secret is out) neither does the Diablo Predator from Tom.
I should add, Tom sent me the Diablo out of the goodness of his heart.
He just wanted to check if it was a tuning issue, or if in fact my car is just whacko.
Well, I guess it's my car...[confused] [:(]
Dude! You are in prime position to compare the two tunes!! [;)]

·
Registered
744 Posts
Oh no, Tom tune isn't better than Wayne!!

Oh no, Wayne's tune isn't better than Tom!!

Oh Poop, late model 04's can't get the TC disabled. That's the real problem!

Oh worse, Tom's tune is great.

Oh worser, Wayne's tune is as good as Tom's!

Maybe Tom's tune is as good as Tom's

Gaah my head is going to explode.

No matter, if you own a SVT, GET A TUNE, TOM'S, WAYNE'S, IT DOESN'T MATTER! I'm sorry for WD40 and his Tune issues, I really wish him the best, he's a hip cool dude.

I'm also glad that Tom & Wayne are having the same problems with their tunes, that says that both guys have superb tunes and we SVT owners have a choice between, at least, two excellent choices.

So, bottom line, Tom's tune is great, Wayne's tune is great, no matter which choice you make, you'll get a great tune and your SVT will be oodles better, GET A TUNE.

If you don't have a late 04 model, you'll be able to turn of your tune at the press of a button.

If you DO have an 04 model, whoever gets there first, Tom or Wayne, will very likely share their discovery with the other; unlike what we may think, both are gentlemen and competetors but most of all friends. It's a good thing to remember.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts