Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2003 focus and i don't have a button 4 the traction control. i heard that there is a fuse u can take off 2 turn it off is this true?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
If there is no button, there is no TC. Do you have the heated seats? If not, you don't have the "winter" package which includes the heated seats, TC and block heater.
Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
na i don't have heated seats my friend told me theirs a fuse 2 shut it off guess he wrong lol

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Well, in all fairness to your friend;
There is a fuse to pull to defeat the TC (which kills the ABS and brake proportioning at the same time),
but since you don't have it...carry on! [driving]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Some SVT's do gnarly burnouts even with TC.........

·
Registered
545 Posts
^lol

and some just get toms tune to turn off the TC(well lower the speed it turns off at)...
And some get screwed cause it still doesn't switch off on their car, even after the tune...

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
And some get screwed cause it still doesn't switch off on their car, even after the tune...

what year is your car? If it's an 02 (assuming what you have listed below your avatar is correct) you can try getting a hold of Tom, if he is the one who did your tune...? If he's not the one, get a tune from Tom b/c I'm pretty sure the only year he had any trouble with was the late 04's due to the OEM tune they came with being finicky...

·
Registered
545 Posts
what year is your car? If it's an 02 (assuming what you have listed below your avatar is correct) you can try getting a hold of Tom, if he is the one who did your tune...? If he's not the one, get a tune from Tom b/c I'm pretty sure the only year he had any trouble with was the late 04's due to the OEM tune they came with being finicky...

I already got one update that didn't take care of it..He said he can turn off traction control on 99% of '02 SVTs. I always knew my car was special [chair]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
man i dont know if i turn mine off or on, when the light is on in the dash, is it on or off? I dont rely on it because i am the best traction control [driving] [wiggle]

·
Registered
545 Posts
When the light flashes on the instrument panel when you're driving hard, that means traction control is playing nanny..When you hit the button, and the light stays on, that means traction control is deactivated..but the nannytrac still doesn't trust you till you hit 25mph.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts