Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I was purchasing my svt focus, the only red one had traction control. How do I disable it or bypass it to turn it off, it sucks. Please help if any one has any info.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The button should be on the dash, no?

·
Registered
798 Posts
To completely turn it off you must pull the fuse. This will also disable ABS. Don't know which fuse it is though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Why isn't there just a button? Sheesh, this is why new cars are annoying sometimes [:)]

·
Registered
793 Posts
there is a button, but when u start spinning , it comes back on automatically

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Haha, yeah apparently it's non-defeatable despite the fact that it's supposed to be defeatable by using the switch. I mean, why have the switch if it isn't really totally turned off? Anyway, yeah you have to pull some fuses to completely disable it, you are in fact without anti-lock brakes if you do that, though. Some people pull the fuses when they go to the track, but for the street you're really better off leaving it as it is, and working on your launch technique. I assume it's trying to launch the car for a quick start that's got you bugged about the traction control...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The traction control shut off button ony works above 20 miles per hour. Why? I have no idea. The only way to fully disable the TC is to pull the fuse which is F46 in the car F12 in the main box. When pulled your TC and ABS will be fully disable.

I have done this at the track, but never any other time. In normal driving conditions I would want to have my TC and ABS. Just my .02 [;)]

·
Registered
31 Posts
IF YOU HAVE AN SVT AND TRACTION CONTROL THE SHUT OFF BUTTON IS NEXT TO YOUR E-BRAKE HANDLE TO THE RIGHT WHEN I HIT THAT THERES NO TRACTION CONTROL

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
IF YOU HAVE A NORMAL KEYBOARD THERE'S A CAPS LOCK KEY SOMEWHERE ON THE LEFT, JUST PUSH IT AND your type will go back to normal.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
RX7II said:
IF YOU HAVE AN SVT AND TRACTION CONTROL THE SHUT OFF BUTTON IS NEXT TO YOUR E-BRAKE HANDLE TO THE RIGHT WHEN I HIT THAT THERES NO TRACTION CONTROL
You are correct sir u should look for that caps lock button though =) I seem to get alot better throttle response and pick up when i turn off the TC

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I am a bit confused. When the Traction light illuminates constantly, does that mean Traction Control is off? or On? I seem to have better traction when the light is on. Maybe I just think I do. :D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You may think that with the button that your TC is fully disable, but it it not. The computer will not fully disable the TC with the button. Button off good for anything above 20 MPH. This is a topic that has been picked apart many, many times on this forum and other forums.

TC applies brake to the wheel that is spinning, hence why it is called Traction Control. No pun intended.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
ORNGSVT said:
So I am a bit confused. When the Traction light illuminates constantly, does that mean Traction Control is off? or On? I seem to have better traction when the light is on. Maybe I just think I do. :D
When the light is constantly illuminated that mean that your traction control is off if u take a corner to fast (even with the traction control off) and start skiding it will start blinking that means traction control has automatically kicked in to keep you from crashing

I know this because i took a corner going 30 and it kicked in automatically cause i almost spun out

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The computer will not allow the button to fully disable the TC. Guess its a safety thing.

·
Registered
990 Posts
t/c

the button is under the heated seat control on right. you are right that it is always on under 20 mph. this should only be an issue if you drag. i ordered mine w/it knowing it would end up on road courses. in dry conditions its off, but its nice to have for those rainy days on track. and i dont think its a safety issue for ford. they make quite a few vehicle lines with t/c available or standard. only in the mustang can you shut it totally off.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I did not know the Mustangs had TC, oh well learn something new everyday..[:)]
I took a guess on the Safety issue thing. Glad to know that someone else knows what I'm talking about, concerning the TC on the SVTF. I wish mine did not have it, but it has its good advantages.

·
Registered
990 Posts
stangs

i am a storehouse of useful information. if you want abs on a mustang, you have to buy it as a package with t/c. im driving an 03 convertible lately as company car and it has it. in this case its a "premium" pep group that has the big stereo, leather t/c abs etc. that btw is true of 6 cylinder and v8 stangs. the t/c option has been around since i think 98.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
They always give the Mustang fans all the cool stuff just cause theyve been around forever they need to start giving the focus fans some attention

·
Registered
990 Posts
partly

heres what foci's get. just got specs on 05 st. whoopee. 5 sp, 150 hp, t/c and abs standard. heart please be still. and rear spoiler (think se sport) 16 inch wheel/tire,sport buckets, black and red, bright exhaust tip w/unique tuning, fog lamps w/silver surround. i dont know for sure why stang is only ford in which you can truly defeat t/c. if i remember correctly it was because many are dragged. all ford, mercury and lincoln vehicles with t/c have an override switch ala foci but all still work in some fashion. you should try brake torquing a v8 lincoln ls to try to spin the tires. result, a great big nothing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts