Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, it's been covered already, but maybe I'm missing something reading through all the previous posts. The winter is upon us here in NJ and I recently moved to a new area in the state. I got my focus new in 2012 and had no problems what-so-ever with winter driving. Now, I live in a hilly area and I have to stop on hills a lot in the snow, ice, slush, etc. I cannot turn off my traction control and this system sucks for this kind of driving, or lack-there-of. When I got the car, I remember the option being in the "Driver Assist" menu on the dash, now, it's gone. I keep getting stuck on hills, going 1mph as I try to get out of the way. I've tried a light foot, heavy foot, no foot, nothing works to get this moving. I don't want to pull the fuse or add a switch with inline fuse.

Ideas? And please, I know the topic has already been discussed. But I have not come across the the lack of the "Driver Assist" menu except in the the S trims.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
If you press left and scroll down, "Driver Assist" should be under "Settings". [dunno] Hope it's there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In settings I only have lighting, convenience, and display. driver assist used to be there but now is gone

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Weird - no clue.

If I were you, I'd go to the dealer and see what they say. Maybe request the instrument panel cluster update TSB. Hopefully that resolves the issue. It will give you the 4 screen layout and change the selected gear to orange, but I hear it makes your turn signal quieter.

Also, for whatever reason, I don't have "Convenience" anymore. So I don't have the compass on the small screen.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I know, it's been covered already, but maybe I'm missing something reading through all the previous posts. The winter is upon us here in NJ and I recently moved to a new area in the state. I got my focus new in 2012 and had no problems what-so-ever with winter driving. Now, I live in a hilly area and I have to stop on hills a lot in the snow, ice, slush, etc. I cannot turn off my traction control and this system sucks for this kind of driving, or lack-there-of. When I got the car, I remember the option being in the "Driver Assist" menu on the dash, now, it's gone. I keep getting stuck on hills, going 1mph as I try to get out of the way. I've tried a light foot, heavy foot, no foot, nothing works to get this moving. I don't want to pull the fuse or add a switch with inline fuse.

Ideas? And please, I know the topic has already been discussed. But I have not come across the the lack of the "Driver Assist" menu except in the the S trims.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome, mrebuth!

Can you believe it's March already? I recommend heading to your dealer to have this looked into, they'll be in the best position to check for any updates and see why this has gone away for you.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
In settings I only have lighting, convenience, and display. driver assist used to be there but now is gone
Any update on why the "Driver Assist" is no longer available as an option? I have a '12 SEL as well and do not have the "driver assist" option either.

First winter and snowfall today with my focus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts