Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having been to the track many times I'm thinking at least tires, then see what she does. :)

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Hopefully they will equip the car with appropriate brakes, unlike the ST. [facepalm]
The front rotors are bigger than even the upgraded ST from 2014.5-present, and the front calipers look like 4 pot Brembos so hopefully it's sufficient to track the car.

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
Having been to the track many times I'm thinking at least tires, then see what she does. :)
opt for the pilot sport cups and you won't need a tire upgrade [grinking]

I plan to thoroughly test mine on track by attending the Optima Batteries Ultimate Street Car Association events.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Rally Cross, SOLO, ORC, HPDE and DD.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The front rotors are bigger than even the upgraded ST from 2014.5-present, and the front calipers look like 4 pot Brembos so hopefully it's sufficient to track the car.
Yup, makes sense. From what I read the wheels are 19" so I think that you're right and the rotors ought to be larger. I would still change the pads before tracking it though, seeing what happened to mine on the ST.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Yup, makes sense. From what I read the wheels are 19" so I think that you're right and the rotors ought to be larger. I would still change the pads before tracking it though, seeing what happened to mine on the ST.
They are 350 mm rotors with Brembo 4 pot calipers up front at least with additional cold air ducting from the front fascia for improved track performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would definitely use some track pads. My current track car goes through a set of pads in about a weekend and a half when conditions are dry, two full weekends if we have some rain.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Tracked my svtf and mazdaspeed, so yeah, if I can afford an RS I will be tracking it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts